Handheld stacking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I was wondering, can you do stacking if you took pictures handheld ?

Solution
Yes, but it's not easy. I strongly would recommend something in order to support you. A bean bag or a tree or something like that. We had a discussion some weeks ago about this where I mentioned that smaller movements to the left or to the right is not the problem but forwards and backwards. This will cause trouble because you don't have a continuous focus fading anymore. A gap will cause halos or a total failure during the rendering process.

The higher the magnification and the lower the DOF the higher the challenge becomes.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Yes, but it's not easy. I strongly would recommend something in order to support you. A bean bag or a tree or something like that. We had a discussion some weeks ago about this where I mentioned that smaller movements to the left or to the right is not the problem but forwards and backwards. This will cause trouble because you don't have a continuous focus fading anymore. A gap will cause halos or a total failure during the rendering process.

The higher the magnification and the lower the DOF the higher the challenge becomes.

Solution

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

So this would be possible in extreme situations ? Or this can affect picture on post process ?

Reactions: Deleted member 310
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…