Handheld stacking ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I was wondering, can you do stacking if you took pictures handheld ?

Solution
Yes, but it's not easy. I strongly would recommend something in order to support you. A bean bag or a tree or something like that. We had a discussion some weeks ago about this where I mentioned that smaller movements to the left or to the right is not the problem but forwards and backwards. This will cause trouble because you don't have a continuous focus fading anymore. A gap will cause halos or a total failure during the rendering process.

The higher the magnification and the lower the DOF the higher the challenge becomes.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Yes, but it's not easy. I strongly would recommend something in order to support you. A bean bag or a tree or something like that. We had a discussion some weeks ago about this where I mentioned that smaller movements to the left or to the right is not the problem but forwards and backwards. This will cause trouble because you don't have a continuous focus fading anymore. A gap will cause halos or a total failure during the rendering process.

The higher the magnification and the lower the DOF the higher the challenge becomes.

Solution

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

So this would be possible in extreme situations ? Or this can affect picture on post process ?

Reactions: Deleted member 310
Status
Not open for further replies.