Photography Has anyone tried to sell images?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I think this is an interesting topic to disucss. Has anyone tried to seel images on images stock sites ? Interesting how much you can earn by posting images there.

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
I have won Photo Competitions and some Art Gallery in London, UK was suppose to send me a check but never did

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
That's a bit disappointing. Did they used your photo?
I was very naive and not experienced at the time and I sent them the photo ... slap my head for being trusting ... don't know if they used the photo because I didn't know you at the time Jack to have you check on them :cool: But the image will be published soon by the Federal Wildlife Service in the USA🇺🇸 in the next couple of weeks

Reactions: Jack

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
I was very naive and not experienced at the time and I sent them the photo ... slap my head for being trusting ... don't know if they used the photo because I didn't know you at the time Jack to have you check on them :cool: But the image will be published soon by the Federal Wildlife Service in the USA🇺🇸 in the next couple of weeks
Point to note for anyone selling get the money first

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I don't send my photos to anyone. I usually have my images uploaded on my website which has proction for dragging and copying them.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I uploaded and sold some photos on Shutterstock but that's absolutely senseless unless you're not a media art expert. Most customers are advertising companies which are looking for modern photos and not for nature / macro photos.

Further more they buy mostly huge download packages for 500 or more pictures for let's say 10$. I earned 0,25$ for one picture and I sold maybe one picture per month. And they don't transfer you the money until you've earned 100$!

I sold a picture for 20€ to a member of a mushroom group on FB. But that was all the last years.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I had some images to shutterstock, and same , I earned only 0,25 cents :D, which doesn't make anything. And since then, I don't believe in stock websites, you also have to pay so your images to appear on featured page. I heard about Getty, but never tried.

In my opinion if you can find someone buying your images directly then you lucky.