Hello...thank you for allowing me to join.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaO

Oct 16, 2020
I'm not sure how good I will be at this. I'm not very "tech savvy". The tutorial video is fast and I am having trouble following it. Please bare with me.
I am trying to figure out macro/upclose photography. I am struggling. Hoping to find support and answers here.
I tried to add a photo to this post, but I get the message, "The uploaded file is too large.". I don't even know how to change the file size yet. Maybe I am too much of a newbie???

Reactions: Jack

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hello M MamaO this is a place of learning and there are people who will help you get along on the site. For image size you have to downsample your image to a size of 4-5MB and this will allow you to upload. Down you have image editing software where you can change the image size to meet the criteria?

Reactions: MamaO

MamaO

Oct 16, 2020
Hello M MamaO this is a place of learning and there are people who will help you get along on the site. For image size you have to downsample your image to a size of 4-5MB and this will allow you to upload. Down you have image editing software where you can change the image size to meet the criteria?
Thank you. I am just learning how to use Adobe Lightroom. I am sure there is someway to change the image size. Just got to figure it out. If all else fails, I will YouTube it.
Thank you again!

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello M MamaO . First of all, welcome to our small community for macro photographers. I’m sure here you will find all information needed to improve your skills better. Regarding images, you can use this link to compress photo for uploading : https://compressjpeg.com/ , as the maximum image is 5mb . And when sharing images, do not forget to input your exif please as well, which will help new photographers to learn about photography too.

Also, when showcasing your images, you can do it in showcase, example if you are shooting insects, you can post your images here : https://macroderie.com/forums/insects-and-spiders.23/

Also, we have chat room as well, were you can ask any questions or just a simple talk. If you need any help, do not hesitate to ask. This community is friendly and very relaxed. Hope you will enjoy your stay. :)

Last edited:

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi and welcome M MamaO to our international macro community! Take your time to become more familiar with our forum and ask us at everytime!
We as the staff team, as well as our mentors and supporters will help you if possible!

I believe that you're using Windows, don't you? In this case you can either use Windows Paint or Adobe Lightroom to reduce the file size.

Windows Paint:
Startmenu -> Windows-Accessories -> Paint
1603834279412.png
...should be similar in english.

Adobe Lightroom:
It's a bit more complicated as you've to export the file to resize it. Please find a guide here:

Hope this will help you!

Reactions: Jack

Macroderie

Community User
May 22, 2020
Hello M MamaO,

We are changing the status of this thread to closed as this is an old topic. Any questions, do create a new thread in Site Board Help and Support subforums. Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.