Your opinion? Heterostomus curvipalpis 3X

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
ISO 200
1/125
f/2.8

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Stunning photo rcorteschile rcorteschile . A bit of late reply from my side. I really like how you do extreme macro. The photo is really sharp, and there are great colours as well.

I would love to know how you are doing these images.

Reactions: rcorteschile

rcorteschile

Renato Cortés
Apr 11, 2020
Stunning photo rcorteschile rcorteschile . A bit of late reply from my side. I really like how you do extreme macro. The photo is really sharp, and there are great colours as well.

I would love to know how you are doing these images.
Thanks Jack Jack, I use the setup I sent a few days ago, mount the insect (usually found dead), try to clean them as much as I can, then do the maths depending on the magnification, lense, and subject size (I don't use stacking calculators as I already have the numbers that work in my head). Then program the rail from the nearest part to the lense (usually an antenna or a leg), then the rail start triggering the camera, fitted with a remote trigger for flashes (usually at 1/12-1/32 power), speed 1/125 (to freeze the image as much as possible) and voilá. Then copy the images (JPEG) to a folder from where I put into Helicon Focus stacking software. After finishing the stack, save the image, then open the resulting image from Photoshop for the final adjustments, usually curves, remove dust particles, clone some hair, and clean some particles from eyes. Finally, apply the Unsharp Mask filter and save the image. The entire process takes me about 15-20 mins per image.