Homemade English Muffins

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Waahh.. this kind of food is my son's favourite. It will increase his appetite. Can i request the recipe too ? šŸ˜

• Love
Reactions: Tina Boes

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I am not sure I can post a video link here, but I'll try it. The following video is the recipe I finally settled on, but I substituted butter for the oil. In my testing, the oil made the crust a little too tough. There is not enough solid fat in oil, butter has some solid fat which helps the crust not get tough and I believe helps to create those nooks and crannies.
It's very important to cook at low heat. I am now using a very large electric skillet that has a cover, the ideal temp on my skillet control seems to be around 275 Fahrenheit to cook them without having to cook too long, which also causes the crust to get tough. You will have to experiment with your own griddle or pan. If the video is not okay, I'll try to write out the recipe and instructions here.

So, all of those tested muffin recipe muffins from earlier in the week that didn't make the "cut" for enough nooks and crannies were frozen and then used today for the best stuffing I've had yet. English Muffin Stuffin'! I may never use regular breads again. I had some homemade chicken gravy in the freezer, I used that to pour over the stuffing....then stuffed myself. LOL

English Muffin Stuffing dish-.jpg English Muffin Stuffing-9007.jpg

Last edited: