Want critique Honey bee [dead]

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi all together,

I found this poor bee on our parking space some days ago. Unfortunately it was already dead.
But I used the chance to take some nice stacks as I don't have taken similar stacks before of honey bees.

I hope you like the results even if the subject was dead.

Honigbiene (Apis mellifera) (1).jpg
Honigbiene (Apis mellifera) (2).jpg
Honigbiene (Apis mellifera) (3).jpg
Honigbiene (Apis mellifera) (4).jpg

[HASH=4303]#bee[/HASH] [HASH=370]#insect[/HASH] [HASH=8518]#stack[/HASH] [HASH=185]#flower[/HASH]

Have fun!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I never had chance to take images of a dead bee or other insects, that's because I'm not looking for them. Or where I live is not a lot of insects a lot. Common for big cities.
I really like the second and last photo as I can see the whole bee in focus and in the frame with good composition. While the first and third one are slightly different.

The first one properly personally I would get a bit closer and get the bee in middle of the frame, also maybe increasing the shadow slightly.

The third one, I believe you tried to take a portrait photo of the bee, which you did great photo. But these wings are not in the frame, and same in my view I would love to have them in the frame as well. Is like taking a picture of a plane from the front and not including the wings. But that's totally down to the photographer's eye.

Yohanna_D

Forum Mentor
Mentor
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
wonderful series especially with this technique even though your bee was dead! what a great sharpness!!! :love: :love: đź‘Ź :love:

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
It is rare to be able to photograph a living bee in such a close-up view given the speed of this insect. But it's a shame that her attitude lacks naturalness, especially because of her legs folded under her ...
However, it's technically a nice photo.

Dalantech

Jun 13, 2021
I like the compositions and framing but the light looks odd to me. Looks to be coming from both sides (so too even), with the critter's face mostly in shadow.