Your opinion? Housefly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
E-M1MarkII, Olympus 60mmf/2.8 macro, 1/80, iso100, f/2.8
Stack of fifteen photos in camera, Hand held

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Great stack Ron Westbroek Ron Westbroek. Why haven't to taken a complete stack inclusive the wings and legs? Because it moves?

Can you explain how you've rendered your stack? With PS or Helicon? Which settings have you used?

Reactions: Jack and Karl

Ron Westbroek

1 2
Apr 21, 2020
I left the back off, because I don't like it and indeed because it moved by warming up.
I set the camera to stacking and then he takes 15 photos and stacks them in the camera himself and then there is a 16th photo and I edit it a bit in photoshop.
I only use Helicon for focus bracketing.
Here's an explanation of how it works, and it's so nice and easy.

''Olympus offers two different focus bracketing modes – focus stacking and focus bracketing. Focus stacking is a capture of fifteen images at different focus depths stacked into one JPG within the camera. The original RAW images write to the memory card as well as the finished JPG stack. Focus Bracketing is a capture of up to 999 images at different focus depths and all RAW images write to the memory card for the photographer to stack using other stacking software (Helicon, PhotoShop, etc). This article discusses focus bracketing mode specifically. However, the focus stacking mode is almost identical.''

Reactions: Karl