How often you cleaning your gear?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I think this can be an interesting topic to discuss. How often are you cleaning your gear? Personally I do once a year. Depends how often I use it.

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Nice topic!
I'm a bit of gear condition freak. I clean my gear after photo shooting always. And I also clean it sometimes when I take my cameras out to look at them. :ROFLMAO:

I like to have my gear always in perfect contition.

Reactions: Jack

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
I just do a wipe off and don't do a serious cleaning I will have to give them a good cleaning this winter.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Nice topic!
I'm a bit of gear condition freak. I clean my gear after photo shooting always. And I also clean it sometimes when I take my cameras out to look at them. :ROFLMAO:

I like to have my gear always in perfect contition.

I'm the same , trying to be very careful with cameras, especially when changing lenses and taking the cap of , that's the time when I'm afraid of dust to come inside the lens. :D

I just do a wipe off and don't do a serious cleaning I will have to give them a good cleaning this winter.
:D You will have plenty of time this winter Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Depends on my photo walks.... I don't clean my equipment every time I go out but only if it's dirty.
Maybe once a month but it depends on how often I use it.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Depends on my photo walks.... I don't clean my equipment every time I go out but only if it's dirty.
Maybe once a month but it depends on how often I use it.

Once a month I think it’s ok. Do you give them just a simple wipe, or proper cleaning?

Sbpw1216

Apr 19, 2020
How do you clean it ? Simple wipe with a cotton cloth ?
I use an air blower, cleaning brushes, and microfiber clothes. I use cleaning fluid, tissue and microfiber clothes on the optics. My sensors have stayed really clean, so I haven’t had to swab them. I can typically get my camera and lenses clean in the time it takes to upload the images onto me computer.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I use an air blower, cleaning brushes, and microfiber clothes. I use cleaning fluid, tissue and microfiber clothes on the optics. My sensors have stayed really clean, so I haven’t had to swab them. I can typically get my camera and lenses clean in the time it takes to upload the images onto me computer.

I always was afraid to clean sensor or mirror of my camera. Even when I'm doing for lens, there is always a slight if dust remains inside. And to be honest, I never used fluid to clean lens or camera. How safe is that?