Photography How this works?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi Piranha Piranha . its just interesting. How this product will work or will help when shooting water droplets ?

Piranha

Dec 11, 2020
Hi Piranha Piranha . its just interesting. How this product will work or will help when shooting water droplets ?
Hi Jack. Snaperture uses data input by the user to control the timing variables. The user enters the time, in milliseconds, for the interval between the water drop being released and the camera shutter firing. This interval is in real time; there is no delay due to latency, as is found with systems that use Bluetooth to actuate the water solenoid.
Now that the development of the product has been finalised, I plan to recommence capturing water drops, so you will see some stunning images here soon.

Reactions: Helix_2648 and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I think that will be great to show it in action. Are you planning to add WiFi feature on it? As Bluetooth it's a bit old school nowadays.

Piranha

Dec 11, 2020
I think that will be great to show it in action. Are you planning to add WiFi feature on it? As Bluetooth it's a bit old school nowadays.
Bluetooth low energy (BLE) is used to send input data from the smartphone to the unit, setting up the system parameters for triggering. The signals to fire the solenoid the solenoid and camera are carried over cables, giving absolutely zero delay. This is how Snaperture realises its reliability and repeatability.
Is there a way of uploading video footage to this site? I would like to have a demo available for site-users to view.

Reactions: Jack and Greg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Bluetooth low energy (BLE) is used to send input data from the smartphone to the unit, setting up the system parameters for triggering. The signals to fire the solenoid the solenoid and camera are carried over cables, giving absolutely zero delay. This is how Snaperture realises its reliability and repeatability.
Is there a way of uploading video footage to this site? I would like to have a demo available for site-users to view.

You can share a vide using YouTube link. But create an other topic about it.

Regarding the Snaperture, I would say its good to take WiFi included as an other option if user wants it.

Reactions: Piranha

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
That's really a more than interesting invention and I'm impressed by your skills! Maybe you can expand your portfolio by a carrier system so that the customer only must place a cup of water and his camera.

What are the expected costs for your system?

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
i do agree with Helix_2648 Helix_2648 . You should provide more information here, some images or videos. And maybe some tutorials how to use it.

Piranha

Dec 11, 2020
i do agree with Helix_2648 Helix_2648 . You should provide more information here, some images or videos. And maybe some tutorials how to use it.
I plan or releasing videos and tutorials on here soon.
That's really a more than interesting invention and I'm impressed by your skills! Maybe you can expand your portfolio by a carrier system so that the customer only must place a cup of water and his camera.

What are the expected costs for your system?
The pricing information will be revealed in the Kickstarter campaign. This package includes every single single piece of equipment you will need in order to capture amazing water drops and high-speed images, such as breaking glass and popping balloons. It will be roughly in the region of $450.00 which is very reasonable, since all cabling and mounting arrangements are included.

Reactions: Helix_2648 and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Better to have new threads with each detail apart. Will be more clear for members I believe.

Looking forward for tutorials then.