Photography how to shoot macros of gold nuggets - soft lighting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Wow! I watched the video and it's really very interesting with stunning shots of gold nuggets! I never thought about to to invest so much time and effort in taking pictures of gold nuggets (and honestly I don't have one) but it's worth it! No discussion about it! Thanks for sharing this video!
Hey Helix-2648,

thank you very much for your feedback. Yes I was very surprised about the results. But you are also right, it required a lot of time and I would also love to try the Canon MPe-65 with 5x magnification, but currently I just have not enough time. But I also plan another little project, an optical engineer colleague of mine works at Leica Microsystems. He and an application engineer allow me to bring some small gold specimens to photograph it with their high-end 60'000$ macroscope with automated focus stacking etc. I'm really looking forward to that. We have to wait some time due to Covid-restrictions, but I hope we can soon realize this thing.

Have a great day!
hope this will end soon.

Reactions: Guest 1699

Guest 1699

Jun 8, 2021
Wow! I watched the video and it's really very interesting with stunning shots of gold nuggets! I never thought about to to invest so much time and effort in taking pictures of gold nuggets (and honestly I don't have one) but it's worth it! No discussion about it! Thanks for sharing this video!
Hey Helix-2648,

thank you very much for your feedback. Yes I was very surprised about the results. But you are also right, it required a lot of time and I would also love to try the Canon MPe-65 with 5x magnification, but currently I just have not enough time. But I also plan another little project, an optical engineer colleague of mine works at Leica Microsystems. He and an application engineer allow me to bring some small gold specimens to photograph it with their high-end 60'000$ macroscope with automated focus stacking etc. I'm really looking forward to that. We have to wait some time due to Covid-restrictions, but I hope we can soon realize this thing.

Have a great day!
Yes, I hope so too. It will, I feel pretty sure...

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hey Helix-2648,

Have a great day!
we will see, is not end of the year yet. Seems some countries are expecting an other lockdown.

Reactions: Guest 1699

Guest 1699

Jun 8, 2021
Hey Helix-2648,

Have a great day!
Yes, but I hope the vaccination helps. But you are right, we will see... Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Have a great day!

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hey Helix-2648,

Have a great day!
That's well said. I always have that in mind. I don't really think vaccination will help much...