Details How would you process this photo?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member wants the photo details to be corrected, adjusted or fixed due to blur present on the image.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scmkr

3 1 2
May 5, 2022
Just wondering how you would process this photo for the most pleasing results? I am fairly new to photograph, no idea if I'm getting the most out of my photos. Just wondering how you would do it?

Here's what I came up with:

P6070124.jpg

I have the original ORF but I am not sure how to upload it? It won't let me attach the file because it has the wrong extension

Photo Permission
  1. Yes, I do give permission

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 3 1
May 9, 2020
According to me, to add all said by everyone here, I would place the aphid on the third lane to improve the impact because it's the main subject.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
hello scmkr scmkr , in my honest option is photo is really good. I can't see any other results you can achieve. Maybe you can use brush in PS and get rid of some small spots on the photo ?

Is the photo taken with camera?

Maybe MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie might add more here, he is really experienced in macro photography.

Reactions: scmkr

scmkr

3 1 2
May 5, 2022
Jack Jack

Yeah, this is taken with an Olympus OM-1, Laowa 50mm. Your version looks quite a bit better! Guess I better bite the bullet and learn Photoshop. I've been avoiding it because I'm still learning Lightroom (so many things to learn, haha), but dang, that looks way better.

Thank you very much!

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Its a lovely image scmkr, I would probably look at 4 simple adjustments to improve it as follows:
Cleaning up the distracting spots like Jack says is a good idea. This can be done in Lightroom using the spot healing brush.
Then maybe slightly increase the orange colour in the tips of the plant to compliment the green of the insect more, which can also be done in Lightroom using HSL sliders.
Use a radial gradient in Lightroom over the bug and increase exposure, texture & clarity slightly to make it really stand out.
Then maybe add a vignette of about 25% to really draw attention to the bug using the effects panel in Lightroom.

It is all a matter of personal preference though with no hard and fast rules, so I hope this helps you a bit.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Jack Jack

Yeah, this is taken with an Olympus OM-1, Laowa 50mm. Your version looks quite a bit better! Guess I better bite the bullet and learn Photoshop. I've been avoiding it because I'm still learning Lightroom (so many things to learn, haha), but dang, that looks way better.

Thank you very much!

To be honest, it took me couple of minutes to do these adjustments. I would say you need a bit of time to learn Photoshop, but worth it.

I found Lightroom very easy. At the moment I'm learning Adobe Premiere Pro.

Reactions: scmkr

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Its a lovely image scmkr, I would probably look at 4 simple adjustments to improve it as follows:
Cleaning up the distracting spots like Jack says is a good idea. This can be done in Lightroom using the spot healing brush.
Then maybe slightly increase the orange colour in the tips of the plant to compliment the green of the insect more, which can also be done in Lightroom using HSL sliders.
Use a radial gradient in Lightroom over the bug and increase exposure, texture & clarity slightly to make it really stand out.
Then maybe add a vignette of about 25% to really draw attention to the bug using the effects panel in Lightroom.

It is all a matter of personal preference though with no hard and fast rules, so I hope this helps you a bit.

To be honest I never used to do brush in Lightroom, don't know why 😅. Got used to Photoshop

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
You are welcome, if you have any more questions, please do ask. ;)

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
No problem scmkr, let us know how you get on in future processing adventures.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I totally agree to the tips from Jack Jack and Andy Smith Andy Smith. The picture looks already very good without any post-processing. So there's not need to edit it too much. Just some smaller adjustments and that's it. Great photo by the way!

Macroderie

Community User
May 22, 2020
Hello scmkr scmkr,

We are changing the status of this thread to closed as this is an old topic. Any questions, do create a new thread in Site Board Help and Support subforums. Enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.