How you started shooting macro

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello everyone.

Lets share our stories how we started shooting macro.

Personally I started shooting macro when I had a trip in one of popular garden in London, (Kew Gardens), there was so beautiful flowers, that I could not leave them without taking any pictures with them, sadly I didn’t had a macro lens that time, so I hat to Take picture with the old lens EFS 18-200 which still wasn’t bad. After reviewing pictures at home, and was so impressive that I decided to save money for Macro lens. And now I have my macro lens 100mm , and very happy with it.

How about you guys ?

Ruth Tomlinson

Apr 13, 2020
I started while in Townsville, Qld. I got tired of everything being brown so started taking pictures of plants in my back yard and love the results.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I started while in Townsville, Qld. I got tired of everything being brown so started taking pictures of plants in my back yard and love the results.

Plants are the best start, tried to take pictures of insects, just gave up, to annoying. They don’t wait for you, if you are not quick they gone, where with plants you can do what you want :D :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Ruth Tomlinson

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I was started my macro and photography journey about 5 years ago (like with studying Finnish language :D) .

I started a bit a little of the macro adventure in Poland, with our family's first old Digital Camera, Sony Cyber shot , it was a great camera at this time, and had nice macro opportunities ready to use, and nice lens - not removable, but with nice opportunities too.

3 years ago I've bought my first own Olympus camera Pen 6 (secondhand ) in Finland ,and after 3 month , I bought the macro lens too, Olympus digital macro 60mm (that I use it still like my favourite lens).

It was because I wanted to start the macro photography seriously form the start, because I've been fall in love in the macro photography. Although the lens aren't best like the first macro lens, is hard in beginning, to learn how it working exactly. ( I needed 2 years to learn about :D).From the May 2020 I bought my second Olympus camera, OMD-EM-10III, then the before I broke down. But I'm really happy for new camera. Although the Pen 6 was a really lovely camera :).

I'v been brave to learn it itself like the all photography skills.. with much of helping others photographers in Finland. Finns are so helpful in any :)

And at the moment I'm very happy of my macro (and photography skills) . I have some of goals in this year, to improve my skills to highest level (maybe to Pro level one day :D) .

I win the photography competition in the Oulu Camera Club( which I'M a member )- in the most important competition'' Photography of the year- With very high level of great phots of great Pro photographers, that we have in Club too. And that is best in all I win with my one Macro photography. I've been so happy.

That had been the biggest photography success to this day. And got me a lot of motivation to continue and improve my Macro skills.

Have a goals in Photography is very important, but in my opinion not too high ;) .

I like to talk a lot in real life, so sometimes my answers are so long.. :D

but I want to too improve my English skills that is one of goals at the moment (especially with f. hard grammar :D)

Ok, that is all at the moment
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have a nice macro shooting!!!
:):):) 🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷🕷

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jack