Your opinion? Hungry cat

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXIF
f32, 1/320, iso 100

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
Like all insects which has complete metamorphosis the butterfly too has 4 stages of its life cycle. They are egg, larva (caterpillar), chrysallis (pupa) and imago (adult butterfly). However as you are aware the adult butterfly (or moth) has no mouth hence it cannot "eat" anything. The stage where the lepidoptera (butterfly and moth) eats the maximum is the caterpillar stage. It is always hungry. Here is a swallowtail cat polishing off a citrus plant ( Murraya koenigii ) leaf. Hope you guys like the photo, and please feel free to ask anything relating to the above!

mormon cat hunger pangs-shan-200622-3891.jpg

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Great captured picture Shan Shan !😊 good action picture, the sharpness and especially the background 🤩. What is there in the background?

Interesting tekst Shan Shan too 🙂. Thanks for it 😉

Reactions: Jack
D

Deleted member 250

Really good image Shan Shan Pin sharp where is matters and great colours.
As always a very interesting description.
A question if I may, I know that bugs have ocelli, can I see them on the caterpillar?

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
You really have big experience with insects Shan Shan . You can be good to write articles, as your description is detailed.

Reactions: Shan

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
Really good image Shan Shan Pin sharp where is matters and great colours.
As always a very interesting description.
A question if I may, I know that bugs have ocelli, can I see them on the caterpillar?
unlike adult butterflies which have both simple as well as compound eyes, the 2nd stage (caterpillar) has simple eyes only (ocelli). Here its 3 simple eyes on both sides. marked it for your information @Bill Edwards
ocelli.jpg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
thats my way to get people know about their subjects

I might think for future for additional WikiPage on site :). Who knows how far we can go .

Status
Not open for further replies.