Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Huntsman Spider UVIVF

This spider is glowing. I used special modified UV flash to capture this shot. Normally I would not use such a small aperture on the MP E65mm but this scene called for it since I only had one go at it with no manual rail on hand.
Ultraviolet induced visible fluorescence
Small Huntsman spider , 2X Magnification.
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon MP E65mm @2x Plus UV cut filter
1.3 seconds (I forgot to put shutter speed back to 1/160 after focus) F14 ISO 5000
2 Modified Yongnuo Yn 560 iii with Hoya U-340 and Schott S8612
Spider gave me the slip after getting this image 1f923.png

_OEC5697.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
UV!! Awesome. I've been playing around with 2 UV torchlights for a while but they dont have the punch and sharpness of a modified flash. Those filters you need can be pretty costly. The results look great. I assume there was no other light sources? Love the blue on the eyes, nice photo

Craigo79

Jan 17, 2022
UV!! Awesome. I've been playing around with 2 UV torchlights for a while but they dont have the punch and sharpness of a modified flash. Those filters you need can be pretty costly. The results look great. I assume there was no other light sources? Love the blue on the eyes, nice photo

Thanks yes it can be costly to get hold of the filters. I will not part with my flash units as i love doing this stuff. The shot was done in the dark with no visible light. The flash also does not output any visible light. Everything in this image is fluorescence :)

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
This spider is glowing. I used special modified UV flash to capture this shot. Normally I would not use such a small aperture on the MP E65mm but this scene called for it since I only had one go at it with no manual rail on hand.
Ultraviolet induced visible fluorescence
Small Huntsman spider , 2X Magnification.
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon MP E65mm @2x Plus UV cut filter
1.3 seconds (I forgot to put shutter speed back to 1/160 after focus) F14 ISO 5000
2 Modified Yongnuo Yn 560 iii with Hoya U-340 and Schott S8612
Spider gave me the slip after getting this image View attachment 20831

View attachment 20829

Wow spider with blue eyes 😃 ,is he dangerous? 😄
Looks very interesting 😃

Craigo79

Jan 17, 2022
Wow spider with blue eyes 😃 ,is he dangerous? 😄
Looks very interesting 😃
This image is Ultraviolet induced visible fluorescence. The spiders eyes are glowing as a result of the UV light.. Actually everything in the image is as it was shot in darkness and the UV flash gives off no light on the visible spectrum :)