Imac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Thanks. Now only need transfer all to the mac mini after i got it set up. Only need to figure out how to use my libreoffice calc documents in IOS. The rest is not a problem.
I believe libreoffice also works on Mac, so you should just be able to install it and your documents will work fine.
Mac also has an office suite with numbers, pages and Keynote which are very good and versatile programs also, but if you are used to libreoffice then just download the Mac OS version and you will be good to go.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
It is 2 years over here. But in the end i went for the mac mini + 27 inch 4k monitor.

Good choice TMG1961 TMG1961 , the most important is that you are happy with the decision.

Would love to know the performance of the mac mini you ordered.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Got the Mac mini but I can not use it because it does not see the Bluetooth keyboard. Apples solution is to buy a wired keyboard for the setup. I am not happy at the moment, spent over 1400 euro and the stupid thing does not see the keyboard. I give the shop we’re I bought it and all goes back.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Got the Mac mini but I can not use it because it does not see the Bluetooth keyboard. Apples solution is to buy a wired keyboard for the setup. I am not happy at the moment, spent over 1400 euro and the stupid thing does not see the keyboard. I give the shop we’re I bought it and all goes back.
That is absolutely crazy, no wonder you are not happy.... Madness..
Can you charge the keyboard from the Mac? as it may see it then as a wired device.

This video may help.

Last edited:

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
After checking everyone I know and who were at home I found an old wired keyboard. Unfortunately there is something wrong the Mac mini and it is going back tomorrow

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
That is absolutely crazy, no wonder you are not happy.... Madness..
Can you charge the keyboard from the Mac? as it may see it then as a wired device.

This video may help.

Was able to find a wired keyboard and finish the setup. Unfortunately the mac has a problem. It keeps making these knocking sound (like somebody tapping on wood) and no way to turn it except for a restart. But then after a little while it starts all over again. So called the shop were i bought it because apple did not have a clue what it could be and said that the mac mini would be returned first thing tomorrow morning.

Only problem is that they do not have it on stock anymore so they can not send me a replacement as soon as mine is delivered. Only thing i now can do is what for my almost 1100 euro and it should take about 10 days.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I would have been more surprised if things would have worked straight away.

I checked again to see if the mac mini m1 16GB 256GB was out of stock but on the site it said it was available. So i called again to tell them that if it was on stock that then would like a replacement instead of my money back. Now i have to wait for a phone call from them.

The Mac Mini and the keyboard i bought are both on its way back to the shop and should be arriving tomorrow. Gives me time to check out a few things, like getting a shorter cable for the monitor.

Reactions: Andy Smith

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Edit: I also returned the docking station. On the site it said it was aluminium but it turned out to be plastic. Also the screws for the hard drive cover did not tighten.

No phone call yet. All the items i returned today will be delivered tomorrow. Hope they hurry up a bit and send the new mac mini the same day.