Imac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Damn TMG1961, what a nightmare you are having with this stuff. I hope they get it sorted for you before the weekend.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
All will take longer. The parcel won't be delivered today as promised but this Saturday. So they need 4 days to deliver 3 parcel to the shop that is 80 miles from me. I would have delivered them faster if i took them myself on a bicycle. And because the department that handles returns does not work on Saturday it won't be until coming Monday before they are checked.

So it will be at least another 1 week before i get a new Mac Mini M1. And a refund will take almost 2 weeks from now.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
All will take longer. The parcel won't be delivered today as promised but this Saturday. So they need 4 days to deliver 3 parcel to the shop that is 80 miles from me. I would have delivered them faster if i took them myself on a bicycle. And because the department that handles returns does not work on Saturday it won't be until coming Monday before they are checked.

So it will be at least another 1 week before i get a new Mac Mini M1. And a refund will take almost 2 weeks from now.
Grrrrrr... extremely frustrating for you TMG1961.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Because the shop did not call me I called them this afternoon and i just got an email that the new Mac Mini M1 will be delivered tomorrow between 4.45 and 7.15pm. I already bought a wired keyboard and now only need to get a sd card reader.

Reactions: Andy Smith

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Yesterday i received the new mac Mini M1. Installed everything today and now up and running. I haven't heard a sound that it is not suppose to make since i am using it. completely different from the previous one.

Just need to get 2 more things, a usb-c hub so i can plug in my external drives and a stand to put the mac mini in. And maybe a height adjustable stand with vesa mount for the monitor.

There are 2 things i haven't figured out yet and that is:
1. Need to find out why my caps lock light is not working on the wired macally keyboard.
2. Need to find out what of the colour profiles is the best to use with lightroom and photoshop.

Also not sure what resolution to use. 3840x2160 or 2560x1440. At the moment using 2560x1440 the other one makes everything very small and a bit hard to read.

I attached a screenshot from the possible colourprofiles i can choose from. after i instaled Lightroom and photoshop some of them are 2 times in the list.

colour profiles.jpg

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Yesterday i received the new mac Mini M1. Installed everything today and now up and running. I haven't heard a sound that it is not suppose to make since i am using it. completely different from the previous one.

Just need to get 2 more things, a usb-c hub so i can plug in my external drives and a stand to put the mac mini in. And maybe a height adjustable stand with vesa mount for the monitor.

There are 2 things i haven't figured out yet and that is:
1. Need to find out why my caps lock light is not working on the wired macally keyboard.
2. Need to find out what of the colour profiles is the best to use with lightroom and photoshop.

Also not sure what resolution to use. 3840x2160 or 2560x1440. At the moment using 2560x1440 the other one makes everything very small and a bit hard to read.

I attached a screenshot from the possible colourprofiles i can choose from. after i instaled Lightroom and photoshop some of them are 2 times in the list.

View attachment 24059
Great news TMG1961, what a relief at last.
For the colour profile, I would generally use the generic monitor profile LG HDR 4K or change to sRGB IEC61966.
try both and watch the white colours to see if there is any slight colour cast. Usually sRGB is good for most things, but using the generic monitor profile may give a wider colour range.

Inside Photoshop & Lightroom, I set the working space to ProPhoto for both, which doesn't change the monitor profile, it just tells photoshop to use this colour profile. This is because RAW images usually have more data that is sometimes outside the range of sRGB. I then export the images in sRGB format for web use but leave them in ProPhoto if I am sending to a printer.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
The monitor is calibrated in the factory, came with its own report. Have to check were to change the colour profiles in photoshop and lightroom.
This is the calibration report that came with the monitor.
kalibratie report.jpg

Reactions: Andy Smith

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Going to return the keyboard i got, it is a wired one but having some problems with some of the keys. Not wanting to spent 120 euros on a apple keyboard and prefer wireless to wired. So need to have a look at what are good ones for max of 100 euro, but less is better :)

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Going to return the keyboard i got, it is a wired one but having some problems with some of the keys. Not wanting to spent 120 euros on a apple keyboard and prefer wireless to wired. So need to have a look at what are good ones for max of 100 euro, but less is better :)
Logitech are good keyboards and I have had a few and never had any issues using them with Mac

Reactions: TMG1961