Imac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
If i remap the caps lock key to the control key the caps lock led works perfect, even after restart. But when i map it to the caps lock key as per default the led does not work.

• Thumbs Down
Reactions: Andy Smith

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
i ordered the Logitech mx keys for Mac. Should be arriving monday, once i have it i send the old keyboard back to the shop for a refund.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Received the logitech MX key keyboard today. Workshop great. Haven’t decided if i am going to use Bluetooth or the usb dongle to connect it. At the moment it is connected through Bluetooth

Last edited:

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Haven’t decided if i am going to use Bluetooth or the usb dongle to connect it. At the moment it is connected through Bluetooth
I would tend to use the USB dongle if I had a spare USB port available, bluetooth can sometimes loose connection if there are other things around like phones etc.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
So far so good, havent had any problems with bluetooth yet. But i am only using it on the mac mini. On the phone it is turned off. Still figuring out what the best viewing distance is, hovering around 50 cm at the moment, sometimes hard to tell if the text is sharper when you get a bit closer of a bit further away.

A few more things to do, but so far am happy with the Mac Mini M1 and the 27 inch screen. Running it at 3840x2160 and have Chrome set at 150% zoom so that the letters are more easy to read. Also very happy with the logitech mx keys keyboard, much better quality then the ones i had before.

finding my way around the OS and looking for a external enclosure for the M2 drive that was in the laptop. The read/write speed of my external SSD (usb 3.1) is ok, around 350MB/sec but the external HDD is rubbish, it only does 30-35mb/sec read/write, that is usb 2.0. I also got the secondary HDD from the laptop, that is 1TB, but need a bracket for that one too.

All in all very happy with the system, runs smooth and so far no problems after i got the second one.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I bought a Dell G5 5587 some years ago and I'm really satisfied with it! Especially of the SSd, 16GB RAM and a separate Geforce GTX 1060 but the battery is a bit too weak and lasts only 2 hours with the charging cable.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Something went wrong at the shop i bought the mac mini from. I did send the first one back last week and got a new one for the one i send back. But today they did also refund the money i paid for the mac mini, so i called them to let them know that something went wrong. Now i have to wait until they send me another bill so i can pay back the money for the mac mini.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Took some phone calls but finally was able to transfer the money back to the shop. Happy with the mac mini m1 and keyboard. All works fine. One thing i am looking for is a faster external SSD with at least 1TB space. Now only need to get used to the new OS.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Today i got an email telling me that i had a few days left to return the mac mini m1 i bought first. Was surprised to get the email because i already had send it back and also got a confirmation email that it had arrived in good condition.

Had to give them another call to get that problem out of their system so that i would not get another email asking me to return something that they already had received.

Hope that all is good now and i don't get any more unexpected emails from them.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Today i got an email telling me that i had a few days left to return the mac mini m1 i bought first. Was surprised to get the email because i already had send it back and also got a confirmation email that it had arrived in good condition.

Had to give them another call to get that problem out of their system so that i would not get another email asking me to return something that they already had received.

Hope that all is good now and i don't get any more unexpected emails from them.
It is a soap opera and a never ending saga for you TMG1961, :cool: but I am glad that you are happy with the Mac mini and keyboard anyway.