Image stacking software choice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca85

May 2, 2020
Hello, I usually use Photoshop to combine multiple images for macros. But, I would like to buy a specific program that does the job well, I was thinking about "Helicon focus" ... which of you use it? Alternatives also for free?

Thanks for the replies ;)
Luca

Solution
Good morning Jack Jack I am always using Photoshop, the results are not bad! Helicon focus tried yesterday on dandelion and is truly spectacular as a result .... :D
Adobe Photoshop provides good results for easier stacks but fails mostly for complex overlapping structures. Helicon is not the cheapest solution but the results are much better than the ones from Adobe or Zerene.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi Luca85 Luca85 , I can recommend Helicon Focus because I use it myself. I also trie Zerene Stacker and Photoshop, but the result (for me) were not very motivating.

I made a tutorial for focus stacking which you can download here. If it's helpful fo you..

Link

Reactions: Jack and Luca85

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Good morning Jack Jack I am always using Photoshop, the results are not bad! Helicon focus tried yesterday on dandelion and is truly spectacular as a result .... :D
Adobe Photoshop provides good results for easier stacks but fails mostly for complex overlapping structures. Helicon is not the cheapest solution but the results are much better than the ones from Adobe or Zerene.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.