Image stacking

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
Why do you stack your images? What happens if you dont get end to end sharpness? Do you think stacked photos should be a different category than single shot photos in macro?

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Why do you stack your images? What happens if you dont get end to end sharpness? Do you think stacked photos should be a different category than single shot photos in macro?

That is intresting topic and asking :unsure: , will be great to hear about someonewho have more experiences with this..
Itself I've been tried some of times to do it in camera, photoshop.. , in Photoshop it has gone quite well... by lot of tryings..
But it need so lot of time.. in my opinon.. so , maybe better to do the picture by good exift using, lights and editing.. :unsure:
What the anothers can say about ?
In the forum is lot of photographers who can get good answer for the theme :unsure:;););)

D

Deleted member 250

Personally I think that it depends on the subject.
Some subjects such as extreme close ups of insects need to be stacked but for example flowers often look better with a limited dof.
As for being in a different category, my view is that its just another tool to obtain an image and it`s the image that matters (long answer for no)

D

Deleted member 250

I do think however that a stacked image should be identified as such when posting

Reactions: Shan

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I'm really someone who wants to have all details of the flower or the insect on my picture. But sometime less is more and it looks better to take one picture with a low DOF than to take a whole stack. It's a phiosophical question... isn't it? Both have their advantages.

And behind 1:1 the DOF is too small for a single shot. Even f32 won't work for this.

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
I'm really someone who wants to have all details of the flower or the insect on my picture. But sometime less is more and it looks better to take one picture with a low DOF than to take a whole stack. It's a phiosophical question... isn't it? Both have their advantages.

And behind 1:1 the DOF is too small for a single shot. Even f32 won't work for this.
The question is. Do you need to? Unless it's for a scientific paper it's a matter of artistic perspective.. Right?

Reactions: Deleted member 250

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I agree, but can you mostly see it. A small flower or a bug which is completly sharp from the front to the back cannot be photographed with only one picture.

There is still good asking, how to do it the focus stracking in best way.. and safe time.. :D there is so lot of time today to do it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Is never so simly answer as we thinking about :D :p

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
I agree, but can you mostly see it. A small flower or a bug which is completly sharp from the front to the back cannot be photographed with only one picture.

Just curious....see the attached picture. How would have stacking improved it?

Attachments

• hoverfly- shan- chakkar bundh -20iii20-0531.jpg
    hoverfly- shan- chakkar bundh -20iii20-0531.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 5