Your opinion? In a Mouse's eye

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
This is a total of 12 stacked photos. I placed a small flashlight to the left of the mouse for the spider web-like effect in the eye reflection. I also had a Christmas tree with the lights on to the right back, and a window which I think is what added the other reflections.
In any case, I really liked the effect of the spider web style reflection. I have decided that using the Raynox 250 lens in addition to a macro lens is just never going to give me a pin sharp focus. I am going to ditch the Raynox on the next opportunity and see if I can get the hair to be crisp sharp.

The second photo, I edited out all of the eye highlights except the main one.

Nikon D7100, 105mm Nikkor macro, Raynox 250, ISO 100, F/5.0, .6 sec., Tripod, focusing rail, and remote shutter. Stacked using Helicon Focus method C.

In a Mouses' eye.jpg

In a Mouses' eye 2.jpg

Last edited:

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Interesting.. I like the reflection but what is the mouse? a toy, stuffed animal? Good details in the stack, fur is going to be tricky to stack well. I have changed my mind on the raynox about 3 times 🤣, first it was good, then bad, now back to good. I only use it on very small things and only shoot centered subject, gets a little fuzzy further out to the corners but it has some uses for me. Nice job on the reflection clean up too

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Interesting.. I like the reflection but what is the mouse? a toy, stuffed animal? Good details in the stack, fur is going to be tricky to stack well. I have changed my mind on the raynox about 3 times 🤣, first it was good, then bad, now back to good. I only use it on very small things and only shoot centered subject, gets a little fuzzy further out to the corners but it has some uses for me. Nice job on the reflection clean up too
Thanks Chavezshutter. :) The mouse was real, but not alive. :( The eyes were quickly turning dull, so I didn't have a lot of time.
I think the Raynox will be something I have to use with specific lenses. It didn't give me great results on that 105mm. I will try a couple different lenses soon and see if there is a difference.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Nice, Tina..I have some issues too while using Raynox. It's really darn hard to get a focus. My arms ache everytime I use it.

Reactions: Tina Boes