Camera Insect inside camera

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss body camera model specified in the topic.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I just noticed when looking through the EVF of my Panasonic fz1000 that there is a tiny insect in the camera. Looks like a tiny tick. It is not visible on the photos and also not visible when you look at the lcd screen. You can only see it walking around when looking through the EVF. No idea how it got in and haven't noticed it before.

I looked trough the front of the lens but can't see any insect in there. Not even sure how it got in and were it is in the camera. Any idea what to do to get it out? And can it do any harm?

Reactions: Natalie

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
if you only see it through the EVF, then I guess it is somewhere between the small LCD screen of the EVF and the glass elements of the viewfinder or even between those glass elements.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
if you only see it through the EVF, then I guess it is somewhere between the small LCD screen of the EVF and the glass elements of the viewfinder or even between those glass elements.
It is not visible on the lcd screen or anywhere else. You can only see it when you look through the EVF. But i have no idea how it got in there and how to get it out again.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
It will probably make it's own way out. It will certainly get hungry or thirsty, and I can't think of a thing inside there that it could eat. Let's hope it leaves.....
Edit: Hmmm....appears to have posted the response to Kzurro. It was meant for the original poster. Sorry...

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
The Panasonic is no longer with us. After receiving a phone call and putting it on the wall at end of garden i totally forgot that i left it outside. I had to go to pick something up and noticed the camera outside on the wall when i got home about 2,5 hours later. That would not have been a problem if it was dry but it had been raining for almost 2 hours and the camera was completely soaked and when i turned it upside down the water did poor out of it.

I don't think the poor thing survived a 2 hour rain shower. I took out the battery and sd card and dried it off and put it on towel to completely dry. Will leave it there a few days but don't have much hope it will turn on again.

• Wow
Reactions: Tina Boes

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
The Panasonic is no longer with us. After receiving a phone call and putting it on the wall at end of garden i totally forgot that i left it outside. I had to go to pick something up and noticed the camera outside on the wall when i got home about 2,5 hours later. That would not have been a problem if it was dry but it had been raining for almost 2 hours and the camera was completely soaked and when i turned it upside down the water did poor out of it.

I don't think the poor thing survived a 2 hour rain shower. I took out the battery and sd card and dried it off and put it on towel to completely dry. Will leave it there a few days but don't have much hope it will turn on again.
Wrap one layer of paper towels on it and get it into a bag of rice, completely covered. Hopefully that will draw out moisture. So sorry that happened!!! Also, if you have a dehumidifier, you can put it in a small room with the camera and let it run. It might work, and would only cost you the electric costs.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Wrap it paper towels on it and get it into a bag of rice, completely covered. Hopefully that will draw out moisture. So sorry that happened!!!
Will do that but to be honest i do not have much hope for it. I think it is as dead as a dodo. I should have thought about putting it inside before i left. Had a bit too much on my mind.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Will do that but to be honest i do not have much hope for it. I think it is as dead as a dodo. I should have thought about putting it inside before i left. Had a bit too much on my mind.
I added to my post, to try a dehumidifier as well. Gotta give it time with the rice and /or dehumidifier. If you try to turn it on while there is still moisture inside, you could fry something in there. Hope for the best, nothing to lose at this point. :)

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I added to my post, to try a dehumidifier as well. Gotta give it time with the rice and /or dehumidifier. If you try to turn it on while there is still moisture inside, you could fry something in there. Hope for the best, nothing to lose at this point. :)
Will see what time does.

Reactions: Tina Boes