Legal Insurance in your equipment ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Ask or talk about any legal advice, which are related to the photographer, such as: photographer, copyright, clients' issues, license or other cases which a photographer needs to be covered or taken in consideration.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Just interesting, how many members here are have their equipment insured . And if yes, is cover theft and damages ?

G

Guest 1012

I've never thought about this, so I don't have insurance. And I don't know if you can do this in Romania.
If it's broken I'll send my equipment to service, if it's broken beyond repair, I'll buy another one or I'll upgrade it.

Reactions: Greg Shchepanek

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I've never thought about this, so I don't have insurance. And I don't know if you can do this in Romania.
If it's broken I'll send my equipment to service, if it's broken beyond repair, I'll buy another one or I'll upgrade it.

Here in UK you can have insurance on your equipment, so example if has been stolen or damaged they can buy new one for you. But also depends on how much you pay for your insurance.

Personally I don't have that, as I'm really careful with my equipment, especially with my L lenses. But if I was doing photography full time, then definitely an insurance is something you'd need to cover, including insurance for any damages caused by the you to premises, or services.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I have also no insurance for my equipment. From my point it's not worth it if you keep an eye on it.

Unless you doing business, like you are doing wedding photography full time, then insurance is a must, covers you everything.