Is internet getting boring ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Maybe a weird question. But is that internet getting boring or just me getting older?

I remember when I was a kid, the internet was a world to find everything and to explore new things, searching and reading through all those Wikipedia pages and gaining new knowledge.

But now, I feel like there is not much interesting stuff on internet as before, what's your thoughts about that ?

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Mhh.. indeed a good question. I believe that it feels boring because the internet is everywhere and anytime around us. Either if you use your smartphone, your computer or even your TV. Nearly nothing would work without it and so it becomes so common that it feels already a bit boring.

Most people with regular access to the internet have already seen everything which looks interesting.

I've mostly the same "problem" when I sit in front of my laptop... you want to check FB but it's always the same... you open a internet page and close it because it's just boring.

Reactions: Jack

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
It issss...because it's not a something new anymore. I often miss the old time when hunting cassettes, CDs, books, and writing letters were still in.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Mhh.. indeed a good question. I believe that it feels boring because the internet is everywhere and anytime around us. Either if you use your smartphone, your computer or even your TV. Nearly nothing would work without it and so it becomes so common that it feels already a bit boring.

Most people with regular access to the internet have already seen everything which looks interesting.

I've mostly the same "problem" when I sit in front of my laptop... you want to check FB but it's always the same... you open a internet page and close it because it's just boring.
I don't check FB as i don't have, i don't even find it interesting. Most stuff which are now posted on Facebook is mostly adverts, fake news and other memes. Is not anymore the old fb version where you could interact with your friends.

Same goes with YouTube, when watching on it or when i listen to music, i have a feeling like I'm watching some program on TV because of so many adverts.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
It issss...because it's not a something new anymore. I often miss the old time when hunting cassettes, CDs, books, and writing letters were still in.
I stil remember these times when having CDs or DVD player, that was a funny time. Did you had MySpace as well? šŸ˜…. That was a good social media platform, i really liked it.

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
it wassss..oh I love that time.
I didn't have MySpace account. My first time joined social media was friendster. šŸ˜¬
Did you had friendster too last time?

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
no i haven't sadly, i only had MySpace at the time. I did tried Facebook, the old version, but i decided later to delete it. Too much of hassle and fake news. But yes, i feel like Internet is getting bored now.

Reactions: lovitazoe