Your opinion? It looks dangerous !!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon Coolpix B600
ISO 125
Diy lens

BlueCream

Aug 28, 2020
I have no idea what it is but it's small as a mosquito.
This is an old shot I don't remember the EXIF sorry, I was trying to photograph some mosquitoes and this thing passed in front of me, it looks like it has an antenna 😅 it's the only shot I have, I was lucky.

I had a short time before it flew away, I wanted to focus better on the body.
I was not happy with this shot but cropping it and putting the tail in the center of the frame I think it changes "how to look at the image" (I'm still not that good with the language of photography sorry 😅 )

What do you think ?
Are there better ways to use or improve bad shots like this?

(sorry for my bad English )

DShfdjCN5400.png

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
I have no idea what it is but it's small as a mosquito.
This is an old shot I don't remember the EXIF sorry, I was trying to photograph some mosquitoes and this thing passed in front of me, it looks like it has an antenna 😅 it's the only shot I have, I was lucky.

I had a short time before it flew away, I wanted to focus better on the body.
I was not happy with this shot but cropping it and putting the tail in the center of the frame I think it changes "how to look at the image" (I'm still not that good with the language of photography sorry 😅 )

What do you think ?
Are there better ways to use or improve bad shots like this?

(sorry for my bad English )

View attachment 7245
It is a Hymenoptere (the group of wasps and bees) of the gasteruptiidaes family, but I do not know the exact species.
It is not dangerous, the adult feeds on pollen and lays its eggs in the nests of wasps or wild bees whose larvae eat the reserves

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Doesn't look dangerous to me as well, but you never know, don't make no one angry . Anyway, yes you could improve the image a bit by having your aperture around 16-18 to get more in focus.

Reactions: BlueCream and Greg

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The main problem is the focus and the framing. Difficult to compensate for this. But the insect itself looks dangerous but also fascinating Greg Greg. Hopefully you'll be able to find one next summer with your new skills and equipment.

• Love
Reactions: BlueCream and Greg