Closed Theme Jewellery Photo Theme

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The Photo Theme is closed for entries and commenting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Seems that it was interesting to check what's inside the watch.
A lot of watch enthusiasts, myself included, are quite interested to see the inner workings. That's why many mechanical watches - like my Seiko here - have a clear back. They really are diminutive mechanical marvels. And they also make for great photos :)
alright, now I got it. Then it’s much easier to take images without damaging the watch. Sadly mine is not like this.

Reactions: Dangerspouse

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
A lot of watch enthusiasts, myself included, are quite interested to see the inner workings. That's why many mechanical watches - like my Seiko here - have a clear back. They really are diminutive mechanical marvels. And they also make for great photos :)
Well the good news is, most watches have beautiful faces that you can still take pictures of!

View attachment 18705View attachment 18706

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I really love these images. Are you shooting product?

Reactions: Dangerspouse

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
Thanks Jack, I appreciate that. I started in photography because my wife needed high resolution macro shots of products she was making for her home business. So the first thing I ever learned was macro and product photography. I used to practice on my watches because they are particularly difficult to shoot without getting all sorts of glare and reflections. I do shoot other products now - two years ago I was hired to be the product photographer for a California winery, for instance. But other than for my wife and my personal enjoyment, not much other is macro products. :)

Reactions: Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.