Closed Theme Jewellery Photo Theme

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The Photo Theme is closed for entries and commenting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Seems that it was interesting to check what's inside the watch.
A lot of watch enthusiasts, myself included, are quite interested to see the inner workings. That's why many mechanical watches - like my Seiko here - have a clear back. They really are diminutive mechanical marvels. And they also make for great photos :)
That's still great. I would love to see more of your work, and if you'd like you can share some tutorials on our Resources page. I do shoot only static objects as they are easier than insects.

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
A lot of watch enthusiasts, myself included, are quite interested to see the inner workings. That's why many mechanical watches - like my Seiko here - have a clear back. They really are diminutive mechanical marvels. And they also make for great photos :)
Thanks Jack, that's nice of you. Perhaps when I get some free time I'll write up something up.

I know what you mean about static objects! It's so much easier when you can count on the focus point not moving, and when you can control light and background. A friend of mine who is a professional photographer sells a lot of insect macro pictures, and here's her trick: she uses mostly dead insects, and poses them either indoors or out. It's incredible how good her pictures are that way!

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I do agree with you. I believe that to take images of alive insects, really takes dedication and a lot of patience. But I love small objects and details.

Reactions: Dangerspouse

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
OMG, these are really beautiful, where did you get them from ?
Jack, Years ago I worked part time for someone who bought used jewelry for the gold melt down (when gold prices were ridiculously high) and the diamonds. He would remove the gemstones and give them to me. I have a LOT of them. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.