Laowa 100mm lens

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello MartinC MartinC, apologies for the late response. Regarding your question, I do have canon m50 as well as a backup, and also 100mm L f2.8 Canon. From what I can say, is that I do get good results using the lens. I can't tell you much about laowa as I don't own one unfortunately.

However, if I'm not wrong, the laowa lense are manual focus, where on Canon 100mm you have auto focus, and you can use it for other type of photography. Also, check our Showcase page, you can find some reviews on these lenses.

K kzurro or MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie might have experience with laowa lenses.

Reactions: MartinC

ulang

Sep 12, 2021
Hi all
Just need some advice
I have canon M50 would you use Laowa 65mm or 100mm for canon m50 ??
Thank you so much 😊
The Laowa is manual focus, I've got the 100mm for Sony body and it's pretty amazing for the price. If you are looking for something to shoot primarily macro I'd recommend as autofocus wouldn't be as helpful/needed. I get pretty solid results outside of macro with it as well but manual focus can be a bit challenging if the subject is moving around a lot

Reactions: Jack and MartinC

MartinC

Sep 12, 2021
The Laowa is manual focus, I've got the 100mm for Sony body and it's pretty amazing for the price. If you are looking for something to shoot primarily macro I'd recommend as autofocus wouldn't be as helpful/needed. I get pretty solid results outside of macro with it as well but manual focus can be a bit challenging if the subject is moving around a lot
Thank you so much for answer
I have 100mm Laowa already I happy with result
I thought 65mm Laowa is working better on canon m50?
100mm Laowa is for full frame camera?
Thank you

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you so much for answer
I have 100mm Laowa already I happy with result
I thought 65mm Laowa is working better on canon m50?
100mm Laowa is for full frame camera?
Thank you
You can fit pretty much any lens on M50 with an adapter. If you are not sure whenever to buy the lens or no, you can go to a shop where they have lens in stock and you can try it to see the results, other option will be to rent it out for testing.

Reactions: MartinC

MartinC

Sep 12, 2021
You can fit pretty much any lens on M50 with an adapter. If you are not sure whenever to buy the lens or no, you can go to a shop where they have lens in stock and you can try it to see the results, other option will be to rent it out for testing.
Thank you
Problem is they don’t have this lens in shop

Reactions: Jack

MartinC

Sep 12, 2021
if you already have the Laowa 100mm, why are you considering the 65mm? is there anything you cannot do with the 100mm?
It’s quite heavy for small camera Canon M50
And I was wondering if is 65mm work better on mirrorless camera
I happy with 100mm anyway
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.