Lasagna and Garlic Toast

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
This was done with the macro lens in my new light box.

I've been cooking for the last two full days making freezer meals. My reward tonight was a nice slice of Lasagna.
The two week menu: Lasagna, Amish Friendship cakes, Cherry Cobbler, Apple Cobbler, Mac n cheese, mashed 'tators, Lyonaisse 'tators, sloppy joes, Brownies, Protein shakes, Ham and Egg sandwiches on English Muffins, .....and I'm sure there's something I forgot. LOL
Edit: Yep, stuffed Manicotti too. YUMMO

Nikon D7100, tripod, macro focus rail, 85mm Meike Macro lens manual focus, 20 photos stacked, continuous LED light strips above, f8, ISO 250, 1/30 sec.

Lasagna and Garlic toast 2.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Nicely done Tina, I am thinking of a Lightbox myself how are you getting along with yours? is it all straightforward to set up & does it have different coloured backdrops at all?
Thanks

• Grinning Face
Reactions: Tina Boes

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
That menu sounds delicious. Lasagna looks very good. I got some decent egg fried rice to cook later if i can steal myself away from the local park and wetland on this beautiful spring day.

• Smiling Face

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Nicely done Tina, I am thinking of a Lightbox myself how are you getting along with yours? is it all straightforward to set up & does it have different coloured backdrops at all?
Thanks
Andy, to be honest I would not recommend the one I purchased. But, I am very happy I have one now. I've made it work for me.
It was difficult right out of the box to fold and snap together. It is a formed/cut sheet of hard plastic and trying to fold it and maneuver those snaps on the sides in place was horrible. Trying to line them up without being able to visually locate them......hard to explain, but I was sure I was going to hurt myself or the plastic before I was done. Very frustrating. You can see them in the photos below. As it is, the sides still bow to the inside somewhat and that makes getting the included color back drops (which are also hard plastic) problematic trying to get them to sit flat without buckling. I may have to cut them down on one side just a tad. I have some small metal clips holding the sides together on the outside edges.

The included LED light strips were stuck to the top area in a haphazard method, they are not lined up by any means and the cords do not tuck away in the manner they should.
I like the remote that came with it, you can adjust the light intensity and it has different color options, but when using the yellow option the lights act as if there is a short and blink off and on intermittently. Migraine inducing. LOL
I am not likely to fold it back down now, because it was such a pain to set it up in the first place. :confused:
So, after all of that....if I bought another I wouldn't think cheaper, I would look at construction and pay more attention to customer reviews on how it went together and broke down.

light box.jpg light box-2.jpg light box-3.jpg

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Andy, to be honest I would not recommend the one I purchased. But, I am very happy I have one now. I've made it work for me.
It was difficult right out of the box to fold and snap together. It is a formed/cut sheet of hard plastic and trying to fold it and maneuver those snaps on the sides in place was horrible. Trying to line them up without being able to visually locate them......hard to explain, but I was sure I was going to hurt myself or the plastic before I was done. Very frustrating. You can see them in the photos below. As it is, the sides still bow to the inside somewhat and that makes getting the included color back drops (which are also hard plastic) problematic trying to get them to sit flat without buckling. I may have to cut them down on one side just a tad. I have some small metal clips holding the sides together on the outside edges.

The included LED light strips were stuck to the top area in a haphazard method, they are not lined up by any means and the cords do not tuck away in the manner they should.
I like the remote that came with it, you can adjust the light intensity and it has different color options, but when using the yellow option the lights act as if there is a short and blink off and on intermittently. Migraine inducing. LOL
I am not likely to fold it back down now, because it was such a pain to set it up in the first place. :confused:
So, after all of that....if I bought another I wouldn't think cheaper, I would look at construction and pay more attention to customer reviews on how it went together and broke down.

View attachment 19800 View attachment 19801 View attachment 19802
Good to know, thanks Tina.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I like the Vege version of lasagna šŸ˜,I don't like meat any more šŸ¤­ . Nicely taken picture. I likea to cook vege foods also, and I'm doing well it šŸ˜‹šŸ˜ƒ

• Smiling Face