Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Okay okay, let me start off I joined on April 20, 2020 not knowing what to expect I was invited from FB and I was a newbie to the world of macro photography. It was the height of the virus for us and I was spending most of my day twiddling my thumbs and then this great site came along. Back then I was just shooting nature shots but after I joined the site I found myself shooting everything possible in macro and I loved it. We would get these great challenges like photographing shadows, cutlery, sockets & cables and all sorts of things you would find around your home. So I setup my own special area in my home to shoot the themes of the given time and I found them to be great challenges and I expanded my photography subjects in leaps and bounds. Now I look at everything as a possible subject and do not contain myself to just shooting nature ... but nature will always be my favourite subject ... I love this site and I want you guys to love it too and find a home here as I have done. You will learn here, get new friends here and have the time of your life if you choose to

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
This was one of my first macros with my Canon EOS 100. It was chosen to be published in a calendar for Canadian Geographic I believe it will be published for 2021: Northern Green Frog (Lithobates clamitans melanota) Shaw Woodlot, Ontario, Canada.
GreenFrog.jpg
Canon EOS M100 • EF-M28mm f/3.5 MACRO IS STM • ƒ/3.5 28.0 mm 1/60 640 Flash (off, did not fire)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I was doing weddings, portraits and events before lockdown, but also was trying something new with my 18-200 Canon lens. I had to shoot some rings and unfortunately the lens i had wasn’t able to shoot 1:1 and decided to buy a proper macro lens. After playing a bit , decided that’s there is much more to discover than simple images. And during lockdown I decided finally to build this community. I was thinking about fb group, but as I’m not big fan on fb, went and opened something bigger . :)

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
You have captured a special and unique community here Jack. I thank you very much for allowing me to participate and be a part of. This site has kept my sanity in check during this most horrible of times of pandemic and has connected me with great people and resources.

Reactions: Jack and panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Nice topic Greg!

I was also invited here from fb and if I remember well it was April for me too....
I 've been doing photography since the age of 11 (1993 or something). I wasn't a macro or close up shooter. It was just last February - March that I started doing close ups mainly and that was because I started making experiments with my Helios 81n 50mm f/2.0 lens and its bokeh performance. And suddenly there I was... I started doing close ups pf nature and some still life photos. I discover a whole new world and all this came with my join to Macroderie forum. What a nice coincidence.

I wish all the best for Macroderie and soon to be large and popular with nice people!
All the best!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I think all members who joined us here, had enjoyed their time or at least hope they did and continuing to enjoying. And yes, i can say that I saw here a lot of images from a lot of photographers. Which all images are unique and professional in its own way.

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
🥳 I don't know when I was invited here, but it was a great news for me !
I don't know who invited me from facebook, but I accept to come here to work my english.
Now i'm in love with the forum and members :love:
I upgrade my macro skills, and share many pictures, and discover so many things and people !!!
Then Jack Jack invite me to become a supporter, it was great and I was proud about myself ^^
And now, i'm moderator :p Thanks for everything !

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
It is so great having you and your fantastic photos on the site panos_adgr panos_adgr what a wonderful message and thank you so very much for sharing. You are a staple in the community and a valued dear member have the best of days today :D
Thank you very much for your kind words Greg! It is nice to be a member of a community like this!
I like it here because people are photography oriented and the discussions have to do with it and not with gear or biased debates.

• Love
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek