Macroderie vs Facebook

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
From your experience, how you find Macroderie community? What are the pros and cons of using our site?

Are you using more Facebook for macro photography or our community?

Reactions: lovitazoe

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
For the most part, I find the Macroderie community more helpful than the groups on FB I am part of. Usually on FB people tend to post images without EXIF data, and some are reluctant to share tips or helpful hints on how they accomplished their image. I don't find this on here, as most folk will willingly answer questions or provide tips.
I use both FB & Macroderie, but find most FB groups to be more of a showcase rather than a helpful platform for me.

Reactions: lovitazoe and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
For the most part, I find the Macroderie community more helpful than the groups on FB I am part of. Usually on FB people tend to post images without EXIF data, and some are reluctant to share tips or helpful hints on how they accomplished their image. I don't find this on here, as most folk will willingly answer questions or provide tips.
I use both FB & Macroderie, but find most FB groups to be more of a showcase rather than a helpful platform for me.

Probably because on Facebook people tend to share images with intention to get more likes rather than constructive feedback.

Macroderie is still very small community and not busy comparing to Facebook groups I guess, but probably because new members are finding difficult to navigate or maybe not willing to learn it :D

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Probably because on Facebook people tend to share images with intention to get more likes rather than constructive feedback.

Macroderie is still very small community and not busy comparing to Facebook groups I guess, but probably because new members are finding difficult to navigate or maybe not willing to learn it :D
Forums like Macroderie also have the advantage when it comes to finding older posts that you liked, or want to revisit a few months or a year later, whereas on FB groups the posts older than just a few days seem to get lost and are challenging to find again sometimes.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Forums like Macroderie also have the advantage when it comes to finding older posts that you liked, or want to revisit a few months or a year later, whereas on FB groups the posts older than just a few days seem to get lost and are challenging to find again sometimes.

That’s because of how algorithms works, you may find same questions asked hundreds of time in the same group.

Social media are for quick chatting and replies, obviously platforms like Facebook they got big budget to invest in the apps, UX, when a forum is down only to the admin .