Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony a7iii, Sony a6400, loawa 100mm x2 macro lens, Canon 100mm USM macro lens, extension tubes, raynox250, flash, diffuser

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, the cold season here was rather uninspiring and I had slowed down with my photography especially since lockdowns have been going on over here. Anyways, one positive thing has been that I can now travel within the 10km limit to local parks during the beginning of the warm season. I have been after these peacock jumping spiders for a number of years and though I have found many types of regular jumping spiders, I have only photographed a single peacock species - Maratus Plumosus (I've posted in the forum a while back). This year so far I have found 3 species already and even better I have captured males displaying their plumage while doing their courtship dance. I hope to get a lot more.

Here is the first species of the year, quite common to my surprise around my area

Maratus Vespertilio
DSC00860-2.jpg
DSC00633.jpg
DSC01069.jpg

The last photo is a displaying male showing its full plumage. I will post more on the other species later, hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers,

forgot to mention the common name for this is the bat-like peacock spider

Last edited: