Your opinion? Melanargia galathea

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXIF
iso 100, f5,6, 1/100

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Salut @Christophe Berche :cool:
Perfect lighting and the colours on the picture just wonderful :) , a bit diffrend picture like anothers of butterlflys, some of moving on the picture I can see ;) , but nice picture for my eyes , I like it :love:
Just my opinion, I like it ;) i haven't a lot of experiences to shoot butterfles so close.. ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 310

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
The photo itself is beautiful. With your permission may I comment something about the tattered hindwing? You would notice that there are eye like markings in the hindwings. This is to fool predators to think its the head. (where there is an eye, thre is a head). So the butterfly can escape the predator (its a bird in this case, notice the beak mark) by only a damaged hindwing. This does not hinder its flight, and under laboratory conditions butterflies have been known to fly and mate and lay eggs without the complete hindwing. So this is a behavior where the predators attack is drawn away from the vital part (its head, thorax or abdomen) to a non-vital part (its wings). And we think only we have brains :D

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
The photo itself is beautiful. With your permission may I comment something about the tattered hindwing? You would notice that there are eye like markings in the hindwings. This is to fool predators to think its the head. (where there is an eye, thre is a head). So the butterfly can escape the predator (its a bird in this case, notice the beak mark) by only a damaged hindwing. This does not hinder its flight, and under laboratory conditions butterflies have been known to fly and mate and lay eggs without the complete hindwing. So this is a behavior where the predators attack is drawn away from the vital part (its head, thorax or abdomen) to a non-vital part (its wings). And we think only we have brains :D

Thanks Shan Shan for the information 🤩 very interesting!
And good morning too 😄(I just can't sleep 🤭)
Nature is very interesting and exciting 🤩. I want to more your knowledge about here 🤩

Reactions: Shan
D

Deleted member 310

I love it @Christophe Berche , I like the colours and the highlights of subjects. It’s a bit out of focus on the wings, but thats fine I guess ;)
Hi Jack Jack, The wings are blurred in their extremities, I don't do stacking, I have to find a compromise between the focal length and the Isos not to have a too low speed, otherwise the picture is blurred, so I concentrate the focus on the head.🤔

D

Deleted member 310

Hi Shan Shan, Thank you for all your instructive explanations, I appreciate your anecdotes, they allow us to evolve. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.