Photo Editing Methods of Organizing Your Photographs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The topic opened by member is to talk about photo editing and post processing techniques. Give the most appropriate help and advice.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
I continue to struggle with ways to organize my photos. Seems I forget what I called what, and I spend far too much time trying to locate something when I have thousands of photos on each external drive. I have done a pretty terrible job of naming photos and organizing in any decent way the past couple of years, and it's become an extremely time consuming effort to get access to what I'm looking for.
I do use Lightroom, and I'm trying to use the labeling and collections a bit now. But, not everyone uses it.

What are your best methods of organizing, labeling, and storing your photos so that you have ease of access to a particular shot when needed?

Reactions: Natalie and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi Tina Boes Tina Boes ,

Well, I don't use any editing software to organise my images, however, I do organise them on my personal website. Once I have them edited and exported, I do create folders, to move them there. Obviously, dating them or naming, depending on where I've been or visited. Have you tried to open your own portfolio website, where you can organise the photos more intuitive?

Reactions: Tina Boes

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Hi Tina Boes Tina Boes ,

Well, I don't use any editing software to organise my images, however, I do organise them on my personal website. Once I have them edited and exported, I do create folders, to move them there. Obviously, dating them or naming, depending on where I've been or visited. Have you tried to open your own portfolio website, where you can organise the photos more intuitive?
I do have a website....kind of. LOL I have not been updating it for a couple of years. The Pandemic has put everything on the back burner, mostly because of being busy taking care of things relative to that and work. I'm going to try the portfolio thing, maybe within that website somehow. Right now, I just need to get everything separated and organized. I like to keep the raw files with the edited photos, in case I need to do additional editing on a different copy.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi Tina Boes Tina Boes ,

I do have a website....kind of. LOL I have not been updating it for a couple of years. The Pandemic has put everything on the back burner, mostly because of being busy taking care of things relative to that and work. I'm going to try the portfolio thing, maybe within that website somehow. Right now, I just need to get everything separated and organized. I like to keep the raw files with the edited photos, in case I need to do additional editing on a different copy.
Check the CMS website from our Deal page, I have migrated to their CMS and so far happy, easy to use and well organised. I don't usually keep raw files, I do delete them once I have edited images exported. Keeping them takes extra space on my laptop.

Reactions: Tina Boes