Your opinion? Movado Watch Dial Detail

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
A bit confused what’s the subject in the photo. I meant , which side of the watch is photo taken.

Reactions: Dangerspouse

Dangerspouse

Aug 27, 2021
A bit confused what’s the subject in the photo. I meant , which side of the watch is photo taken.
Lol. I guess I should have added a bit more by way of a description, huh? Ok, let me rectify that here :)

This is an extreme macro of a portion of the face-side of a Movado "Museum Classic" watch.

I put the second picture in as a reference; you can see at the top of the dial there is a polished metal dot which denotes the 12 o'clock marker. That is what is in the first picture. The circular object at the top of the first picture is the same circular object you see in the face of the dial in the second picture.

I entered this picture in a competition whose theme was "abstract art", so I concentrated on framing for symmetry. This watch face is also extremely reflective, which accounts for the difference in how that dot looks between the first and second pictures. I had lights set up to the left and right of the dial for the macro picture, and white boards all the way around so no outside images would be reflected into the shot. But that does make it look very much evenly bright, which was the effect I was going for.

Hope that explains it!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Now makes sense. I just was a bit consfused when i looked at it at first. Thanks for the description.

Reactions: Dangerspouse