Want critique Mt. Snow Pieris

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Taiyosan

Apr 29, 2021
A 39 image stacked using HeliconFocus; am working at photographing the interior of the open bell facing the camera. Am new here and don't know how to get the camera's EXIF into the box.
So, Canon 7D Mk ll, Canon 100mm macro lens, ISO 100, 1/60 @ f/4.5 using the StackShot rails from Cognisys. I turned the flower stem vertically after processing (LR, Topaz) as I like this view better. Mt Snow Pieris 3-22-22   -2.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hello Taiyosan Taiyosan 😊, welcome to the forum.
Very nice stack, looks clean and sharp, looks detailed but I have to say that the image is quite small at 80 kb, you have up to 5 MB limit here. Colours looks good. How are you lighting these?

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
A beautiful flower. Nice stack and i like the black background too. 👍🏻
You can find the exif box below the main box. IMG_20220323_205125_807-01.jpeg

It's not a compulsory to put the exif of your photo, unless you willing to do so 😃. If you want, you can put it in the exif box or in the description box just like what your post now.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Taiyosan

Apr 29, 2021
Hi, thanks to you both for responding to the Mt. Snow Pieris.

I know where the EXIF box is, I just was hoping that there was a way to put in the info without having to type each entry - guess not.

As to size, I didn't realize (which is to say I didn't read all the info about posting) I could post larger then 1000 ppl on long edge which is what I did. I'll make them larger in the future.

Lighting: I used a combination of Adaptalux and small Litra LEDs which I like very much.

I do a major portion of my photo work in macro and love it - hence, I've been very happy to find your website.

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi, thanks to you both for responding to the Mt. Snow Pieris.

I know where the EXIF box is, I just was hoping that there was a way to put in the info without having to type each entry - guess not.

As to size, I didn't realize (which is to say I didn't read all the info about posting) I could post larger then 1000 ppl on long edge which is what I did. I'll make them larger in the future.

Lighting: I used a combination of Adaptalux and small Litra LEDs which I like very much.

I do a major portion of my photo work in macro and love it - hence, I've been very happy to find your website.
Stacking software like Heliconfocus (and a few other post processesing software) usually strips away EXIF data from the end image file:

exifstrip.jpg
which is why it couldn't autofill EXIF. Thanks for manually adding it, its not compulsory but I think it is good to have, though I leave that up to you. No issue with the size, I posted undersized images myself for a while before I realised 😅. Nice lightning setup 👍 and great having you here, enjoy 😀