Your opinion? My Eye

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Just a big wow Andy Smith Andy Smith , I've seen others taking images like that, but never tried. How hard was?

For mee seems to be sharp photo already, unless you want to do photo stacking.
Hi Jack, Thanks... It wasn't that hard to be honest, just awkward to try and focus while looking into the lens and hold the light next to my face, and have the remote cord in the other hand ready to fire. I probably took around 8 images before I got this one.
The thing is I can trigger my speedlite using my 7d m2, but doesn't have flip screen, I have m50 which has flip screen, but can't trigger remotely the flashgun. 🤔

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I believe that it's hard to take such shots of other peoples eyes but much more of your own eye! I'm really deeply impressed by the result Andy Smith Andy Smith

I mean I know some guys selling such photos and your's are really as good as the ones I've seen there.
Thanks Helix, kind words and much appreciated.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Just a big wow Andy Smith Andy Smith , I've seen others taking images like that, but never tried. How hard was?

For mee seems to be sharp photo already, unless you want to do photo stacking.
Hi Jack, Thanks... It wasn't that hard to be honest, just awkward to try and focus while looking into the lens and hold the light next to my face, and have the remote cord in the other hand ready to fire. I probably took around 8 images before I got this one.
I didn't use flash Jack,I held a torch to the side of my head instead but any light source would be ok I think. I did it from the side so as not to damage my eye, and try to get a little more contrast as maybe if you light from the from the eye will appear too flat. The light from the side helped light the scene while I focused also, which helped a lot. The flip screen was a massive help and I don't think I could have done it without, except maybe just shoot and hope it was in focus.