Want critique My first auto rail stacked image

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Sony a7iii, x4/0.10 microscope objective lens on bellows, ISO 100, 1 second exposure, 22 image stack. 55 micron steps

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

I received my macro rail and since I had a setup ready to go from my previously posted polarized crystal I decided to try it out. It was also the first time using Helicon Focus stacking software. More details about this shoot can be found here https://macroderie.com/threads/crystals-and-cross-polarization-at-x4-magnification.4046/

I am much happier with the stacked version as it shows much more details. It's has a few spots that could have done with a touch up but overall I like the end result.

2021-02-15 22-19-57 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4).jpg

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Hi,

I received my macro rail and since I had a setup ready to go from my previously posted polarized crystal I decided to try it out. It was also the first time using Helicon Focus stacking software. More details about this shoot can be found here https://macroderie.com/threads/crystals-and-cross-polarization-at-x4-magnification.4046/

I am much happier with the stacked version as it shows much more details. It's has a few spots that could have done with a touch up but overall I like the end result.

View attachment 11539
šŸ˜² Wow! Cool colours and details!

• Love
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Holy shit! That's awesome! The colors looks like a rainbow... like oil with unnatural shapes.
Which macro rail have you bought? I'm really interested in your setup! Maybe you can explain this technique a bit more in detail or show us some pictures of it?

• Love
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Holy shit! That's awesome! The colors looks like a rainbow... like oil with unnatural shapes.
Which macro rail have you bought? I'm really interested in your setup! Maybe you can explain this technique a bit more in detail or show us some pictures of it?
Thanks mate, glad you like it. I wished I had the money for a Novoflex rail or auto bellows but I went with a Wemacro auto rail and it has been very good. I can run the software for it via PC or mobile phone app, the rail can be operated via DC or using an external powerbank so it is portable. I have shown the details of crystal making, cross polarization and setup in the original post i linked but I am more than happy to show you any other detail you want know related to that or the rail. Thanks for your comments šŸ™