Your opinion? My first focus stracking flower picture ;)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi.
Here is my first focus stracking picture with effect that I'm glad about, taken about two month ago..
2.5s f.11 iso200. Olympus omd em 10markIII, 60mm makro. Pictures merged in Photoshop. edited in Lightroom
Tripod and flash -Led macro ring used. Manual focus

View attachment 14083

What do you think about the picture ? Is here in your opinion something to improving?

Attachments

• P4010169-2.md.jpg
    P4010169-2.md.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Not bad for a first attempt nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo In a focus stacked image I would expect to see the whole image in focus. I think it would benefit from some exposure and sharpness tweaking as the image is a bit flat. How many shots in the stack?

Thanks @Bill Edwards for your opinion,if I remembe well, it was 6 pictures merget in this one :D. It\s very hard to do focus stracking well done picture :D.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I suppose you changed the focus manually! than it's a good first result.
Try, try and try again. try with more steps. to check the DOF depht of field, you can use an App: photographer's companion. it will be a good help to realize the steps in depandance of focal lenght, aperture and focusing distance to your model.

Thank you very much for good trics Rene Rufer Rene Rufer , yeah I need to try again with, and there is till so lot of techniques of FS.. :)

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi again, thanks a lot for very useful opinions and helpful suggetsions!!. So lot of help we can get only here on the forum :love: 🙏 .
I need to try again the focus stracking again and again, so one day I can say that I know how it working like :D :D, with ring tubs will be very useful, as you know, there is very hard to get good sharpnes, especially in the full magnification... so still lot of learning :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: