New flash needed.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I returned my meike mk 320 flash because it wasn't working as it should be. I got a refund and now need to look for a new flash.
The flash will be used on a Sony a6400 with the Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x macro lens.
Which flash would you recommend? Budget is between 100 and 150 euro.

Solution
you should check amazon for a Godox TT685-S (113€) + a remote trigger X1T-S (44€). you could skip the trigger, but it can be useful at times.

there are also kits with both, the flash and the trigger, that could be a bit cheaper.

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
you should check amazon for a Godox TT685-S (113€) + a remote trigger X1T-S (44€). you could skip the trigger, but it can be useful at times.

there are also kits with both, the flash and the trigger, that could be a bit cheaper.

Reactions: Jack and TMG1961
Solution

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021

I would say to check godox as well, as they are affordable and pretty decent.
I looked at Godox and so far i have found 2 flashes. The TT685s and the TT600s. The 685s is 113€ and the 600 is 66€ on amazon. Both send by amazon but sold by some chinese company. I don't have any experience with amazon, so not sure how it goes with warranty or when delivery is missing parts or damaged. I can order them from a shop in The Netherlands but then the 685 is 165€ and the 600 is 99€. Which makes me wonder why are the flashes 1/3 cheaper on amazon?

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I looked at Godox and so far i have found 2 flashes. The TT685s and the TT600s. The 685s is 113€ and the 600 is 66€ on amazon. Both send by amazon but sold by some chinese company. I don't have any experience with amazon, so not sure how it goes with warranty or when delivery is missing parts or damaged. I can order them from a shop in The Netherlands but then the 685 is 165€ and the 600 is 99€. Which makes me wonder why are the flashes 1/3 cheaper on amazon?
I have ordered a lot of parcels from amazon, unfortunately never photography equipment, as I'm not willing to get cheap equipment. So I always buy from tech shops or direct from the brand to avoid any issues.

I believe amazon has a return policy, but you will need to check that, as this can differ from other countries. In terms on warranty, you have to check item description. And yes, godox is a Chinese brand, check on their website.

Also, a small tip, check the shop if has price match policy, you can get the same price from the shop by showing them the price from amazon.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I have ordered a lot of parcels from amazon, unfortunately never photography equipment, as I'm not willing to get cheap equipment. So I always buy from tech shops or direct from the brand to avoid any issues.

I believe amazon has a return policy, but you will need to check that, as this can differ from other countries. In terms on warranty, you have to check item description. And yes, godox is a Chinese brand, check on their website.

Also, a small tip, check the shop if has price match policy, you can get the same price from the shop by showing them the price from amazon.
The shops i order from do not have price match. It is not that i want to buy cheap camera equipment, it is just that due to being disabled that i am not in the financial position to spend a few hundred euro on a flash. So it has to be either used gear or use the budget shelf to buy equipment from.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The shops i order from do not have price match. It is not that i want to buy cheap camera equipment, it is just that due to being disabled that i am not in the financial position to spend a few hundred euro on a flash. So it has to be either used gear or use the budget shelf to buy equipment from.
Have you checked ebay? I'm sure you can find brand speedlight on affordable prices.

Check the user's reviews on amazon flash before purchasing it. Do you want flash to shoot only macro?

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Have you checked ebay? I'm sure you can find brand speedlight on affordable prices.

Check the user's reviews on amazon flash before purchasing it. Do you want flash to shoot only macro?
Yes, i want to use the flash for macro only. I don't mind if the flash is manual only, but would be nice if it has high speed sync. During sunny days with enough light i don't need the flash, but a ,lot of time there is not enough light for shooting with f/8 - f/16 aperture handheld.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Yes, i want to use the flash for macro only. I don't mind if the flash is manual only, but would be nice if it has high speed sync. During sunny days with enough light i don't need the flash, but a ,lot of time there is not enough light for shooting with f/8 - f/16 aperture handheld.
Then the best option is to look on ebay or order from amazon. You can buy used Flash from eBay for decent money. Or buying new Flash non branded like godox from amazon.

Also, check the warranty on godox if there is one.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
It is 8.15pm and without a flash taking macro photos at f/8 or f/11 is impossible. Just not enough light for shooting handheld without going too high in the iso or too low in shutter speed. So i do need a flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.