Lens New lens

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss about the lens specified in the topic.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Besides the Sony a7rII i also have a Nikon d7100 with several lenses from 12 to 200mm. Today i added a Nikon 105mm 2.8 AF-D Micro lens to it. The lens will be delivered tomorrow. It is supposed to be as good as new, bought it from a shop that i bought lenses and cameras before. I was looking for the Nikon AF-S 105mm f/2.8G VR makro lens but that was about €300 more as second hand lens.

From what i have seen online the lens should be good.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I received the lens earlier today. It looked like new. Tried it out on my Nikon d7100, at first all was good but then it did not focus, both auto and manual focus did not work. Turned camera off then on again and still not working. After a second time turning camera off and on both auto and manual focus worked again.

I already filled in the form that the lens will be returned, bought a stamp online for the parcel and will bring it to the postoffice tomorrow if that is open, otherwise i will bring it on monday.

• Sad
Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I received the lens earlier today. It looked like new. Tried it out on my Nikon d7100, at first all was good but then it did not focus, both auto and manual focus did not work. Turned camera off then on again and still not working. After a second time turning camera off and on both auto and manual focus worked again.

I already filled in the form that the lens will be returned, bought a stamp online for the parcel and will bring it to the postoffice tomorrow if that is open, otherwise i will bring it on monday.
Damn Theo, again with the lens malfunctioning or not working correctly. I know what it's like to wait for something to be delivered, looking forward to using it but then finding out it is not good, but you seem to have more frustration than most when it comes to buying lenses.
I hope you get it all sorted soon

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Damn Theo, again with the lens malfunctioning or not working correctly. I know what it's like to wait for something to be delivered, looking forward to using it but then finding out it is not good, but you seem to have more frustration than most when it comes to buying lenses.
I hope you get it all sorted soon
I always test a lens straight after i received it. You can return online purchases within 2 weeks and get your money back. I don't know if the problem lies with the lens or that the focus motor of the d7100 was the problem because the lens i bought does not have an internal focus motor, it relies on the camera to do the work. But as i can not send my camera back and it also works without a problem with all my other lenses who all have a built in focus motor i did send the lens back.

It should be arriving at the shop Tuesday or Wednesday and should have my money back about a week later.

oscar118

Aug 6, 2021
You seem to have bad luck with lenses! I have the exact same lens, I use it on a D5600 (no focusing motor, so it is full manual focus) very nice lens for macro. The second filter ring makes it very easy to mount on-lens flash to the fixed part of the lens.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
You seem to have bad luck with lenses! I have the exact same lens, I use it on a D5600 (no focusing motor, so it is full manual focus) very nice lens for macro. The second filter ring makes it very easy to mount on-lens flash to the fixed part of the lens.
Besides the problem with the autofocus i was not impressed with the image quality of the lens. It was a bit soft at all apertures.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
The shop that i bought the lens from and to which i returned the lens is unhappy that i returned it. They called me saying that the lens works fine on a camera they tested it on and asked why i did send it back. Told them what the problem is with the lens and my camera combination and why i returned it. Also mentioned that i already did write that down when i created the return ticket.

To make it short, they were not happy to say the least, mind you, this is a lens that was produced from 1990 to 2007, so it is between 16 and 33 years old. I told them again why i did send the lens back but she kept saying it worked fine on the nikon d90 when she tested it.

So now i am waiting until they finish the return and pay back the money.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
After being called about the lens i haven't heard anything rom the shop. On their webpage they say that the will refund the money within 14 off creating the return. Because of the holidays i can't mail them until Tuesday and then it is already day 10. I got a feeling that they either going to let me wait until the last day of those 14 days or that they will say that the lens did not arrive. But i have a screenshot with information that the lens was delivered on the 23rd of may at 09.45AM.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Corrected version, added missing letters and left something out.

After being called about the lens i haven't heard anything from the shop. On their webpage they say that they will refund the money within 14 days off creating the return. Because of the holidays i can't mail them until Tuesday and then it is already day 10. I got a feeling that they either going to let me wait until the last day of those 14 days.

• Sad

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I did send them a mail, no reaction. I am afraid that i won't be getting my money back and also no lens. i wait until Friday, if they havent [aid my money back by 11 am on friday i am going to contact a bailiff and get my money back that way.

• Sad