Want critique New mushroom practice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
iso200 - 1/125 sec - f/4 - 35mm

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
That's a wonderful little mushroom family! A bit busy with all that leaves, brass blades and spruce needles but that's the natural chaos of mother nature. :)

Reactions: TMG1961

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Very nice composition, and I personally like the rusty nails there. You did really well with this one sir! Lighting looks nice, and that family of 'shrooms has been made the focus point. Nice bokeh in the background too.
Pat yourself on the back. :)

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Very nice composition, and I personally like the rusty nails there. You did really well with this one sir! Lighting looks nice, and that family of 'shrooms has been made the focus point. Nice bokeh in the background too.
Pat yourself on the back. :)
Thank you, and you don't have to call me Sir, just call me Theo.

• Haha
Reactions: Tina Boes

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
A great improvement Theo, practice sure is getting you there. I love the old nails in this one, as they are not something usually seen in this type of image. So it becomes more unique and interesting.
If I had any critique it would be that on the bottom left side of the image (about a quarter way up from the bottom) the focus is pin sharp and distracts from the main subject. The mushrooms grab my attention straight away, but then my eyes are led away from them by this focus on the left. I understand it is the depth of field, but maybe try a vignette to darken the edges and lighten the subject.
All in all though it is lovely and nice to see the improvement.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
A great improvement Theo, practice sure is getting you there. I love the old nails in this one, as they are not something usually seen in this type of image. So it becomes more unique and interesting.
If I had any critique it would be that on the bottom left side of the image (about a quarter way up from the bottom) the focus is pin sharp and distracts from the main subject. The mushrooms grab my attention straight away, but then my eyes are led away from them by this focus on the left. I understand it is the depth of field, but maybe try a vignette to darken the edges and lighten the subject.
All in all though it is lovely and nice to see the improvement.
Thank you. Now you mention it i can not keep my eyes from not going to the spot too. I focused on the mushrooms and aperture was f/4. I need to have a look into how to get vignetting and lightning the subject is done.

Reactions: Andy Smith

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
You got it Theo. :) This reminds me of what I say when someone calls me "Ma'am".
I reply with: "Please don't call me Ma'am, I'm not your Mother". LOL

Reactions: TMG1961