Camera New Sony back to shop

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss body camera model specified in the topic.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
About 6 weeks ago i received a replacement Sony a6400 because the previous one was in for repairs and they were waiting for part and it was unknown how long that would take. Sadly i had to return that camera for repairs. It had the same problems as the previous one. Only had it for 6weeks and shuttercount was 1657.

So for the next 4-6 weeks, that can go up to 8 weeks i will be without a camera again. Not sure if i want a Sony camera again after having to return 2 Sony a6400 camera. First one was just under 6 months old and the second one just under 6 weeks.

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I'm sorry to hear that. It must be annoying for you to experience this. Not only because you have to wait a long time and a long journey, but also this has happened twice. Sony should give you the proper service you deserve.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I'm sorry to hear that. It must be annoying for you to experience this. Not only because you have to wait a long time and a long journey, but also this has happened twice. Sony should give you the proper service you deserve.
Thanks. First it is up to the shop and its repair department. They will look at it and if they can not reproduce the problem then they either send it on to Sony or send it back to the customer. But not sure at the moment if i want another a6400, problem is i have all the e-mount lenses so moving to another brand is going to be expensive.

Reactions: lovitazoe

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Thanks. First it is up to the shop and its repair department. They will look at it and if they can not reproduce the problem then they either send it on to Sony or send it back to the customer. But not sure at the moment if i want another a6400, problem is i have all the e-mount lenses so moving to another brand is going to be expensive.
That really is a shame. What was wrong with the cameras? Can you buy adapter mounts for your lenses to fit other camera makes? Seems I used to do that many many years ago to use my Nikon lenses on a Canon.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
That really is a shame. What was wrong with the cameras? Can you buy adapter mounts for your lenses to fit other camera makes? Seems I used to do that many many years ago to use my Nikon lenses on a Canon.
The problem was that when i mounted a flash it did not always fire. Tried 3 different flashes from 2 different brands and all the same. Second when looking at taken shot through viewer it closed the photo and went back to the lens view without me doing anything. And when i wanted to view a photo i took on the lcd screen it opened the photo and closed it straight away. Not extreme problems but annoying. Problem was that the repair company was unable to reproduce the problems. The shop said that in cases like this they send a new camera to the customer as long as it is within warranty. But because i said that i lost confidence in the a6400 cameras and would like either another camera or my money back they said ok, i could either get a voucher or pick another camera and i get a €949 discount. So i said ok and went for the Sony a7 mark2 with the sony 50mm f/1.8 lens, the kit did cost €949 so i would not have to pay any extra.

Reactions: Tina Boes

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
The new camera that i said i would want to have in exchange for the old one is not coming any soon. I called them and it seems that they are still talking about what to do. So the next week or so i will not get a camera. I told them once again that they need to give me my money back.

Reactions: Tina Boes

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The new camera that i said i would want to have in exchange for the old one is not coming any soon. I called them and it seems that they are still talking about what to do. So the next week or so i will not get a camera. I told them once again that they need to give me my money back.
So they refuse to send you the new camera ? Probably cost them cheap to fix the old one instead of sending you a brand new one.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
So they refuse to send you the new camera ? Probably cost them cheap to fix the old one instead of sending you a brand new one.
I don't know what they are up to. I got in writing that they would give me the full purchase price either as a gift card or as a deduction on a other purchase. Because i did not receive any answer to my reaction in which i told them i would like to have the €949 deducted from the price of the a7ii+50mm lens even after i reacted within the time limit they set for having it sorted out on Friday and even no reaction yesterday i told them that i just want my money back in my bankaccount. They are just playing with me as a customer. I also do not talk to them on the phone anymore, i want all that is been said in writing.

Reactions: Jack

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I got an message about an hour ago in which they asked for my bank account number. Did send them a mail with the number and a minute ago got response that they are going to transfer the money. Should be in my account within 5-10 days. Hope it is there soon so i can close all and start looking for a new camera.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I got an message about an hour ago in which they asked for my bank account number. Did send them a mail with the number and a minute ago got response that they are going to transfer the money. Should be in my account within 5-10 days. Hope it is there soon so i can close all and start looking for a new camera.
At least you will gonna get money back and buy brand new camera. Planning to get new Sony or an other brand ?

Reactions: TMG1961