Camera New Sony back to shop

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss body camera model specified in the topic.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
So they refuse to send you the new camera ? Probably cost them cheap to fix the old one instead of sending you a brand new one.
I don't know what they are up to. I got in writing that they would give me the full purchase price either as a gift card or as a deduction on a other purchase. Because i did not receive any answer to my reaction in which i told them i would like to have the €949 deducted from the price of the a7ii+50mm lens even after i reacted within the time limit they set for having it sorted out on Friday and even no reaction yesterday i told them that i just want my money back in my bankaccount. They are just playing with me as a customer. I also do not talk to them on the phone anymore, i want all that is been said in writing.
Just take money back, and buy the camera from an other shop. Make sure you are checking shop reviews , so you don't have an other bad experience.

Reactions: TMG1961

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
I got an message about an hour ago in which they asked for my bank account number. Did send them a mail with the number and a minute ago got response that they are going to transfer the money. Should be in my account within 5-10 days. Hope it is there soon so i can close all and start looking for a new camera.
What a terrible experience! They should full refund and compensate you as soon as possible for all the trouble and uncertainty.

Reactions: TMG1961 and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I got an message about an hour ago in which they asked for my bank account number. Did send them a mail with the number and a minute ago got response that they are going to transfer the money. Should be in my account within 5-10 days. Hope it is there soon so i can close all and start looking for a new camera.
highly agree. I guess the shop wanted to save some money by trying to send the camera to other shops who has parts to fix the camera. But that's unbelievable experience and not acceptable.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
At least you will gonna get money back and buy brand new camera. Planning to get new Sony or an other brand ?

What a terrible experience! They should full refund and compensate you as soon as possible for all the trouble and uncertainty.

[CQ='lovitazoe, c: 2811, m: 1414'][/CQ] highly agree. I guess the shop wanted to save some money by trying to send the camera to other shops who has parts to fix the camera. But that's unbelievable experience and not acceptable.
I am planning on getting another Sony. All my lenses are Sony lenses. Selling them and getting new lenses would be much more expensive then sticking with Sony. I am not unhappy with the brand, just with the a6400 model.

But i will look at other brands too before making final decision and buy a new camera. Who knows, i might run into a great deal. Can always get a used Sony camera for the Sony lenses.

lovitazoe

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
As jack said, make sure you check the shop reviews before you decide to buy from it. Yes, if you change your brand it will cost more. If I were you, I will stick with the same brand too. But I won't go back to the same shop, or at least not the same model.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
As jack said, make sure you check the shop reviews before you decide to buy from it. Yes, if you change your brand it will cost more. If I were you, I will stick with the same brand too. But I won't go back to the same shop, or at least not the same model.
I am not going to buy from the same shop. The chance that i am going to stick with Sony is 90% at the moment.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I hate waiting for my money to get back in my bankaccount. Its ridiculous that it takes them 5-10 working days to transfer the money as stated on their website. If i transfer money to a bank within The Netherlands the money is within 5 minutes on the account of the receiving party. To another country it takes 3 days max.

I can't buy another camera until i got the money in my account. Second problem is that shops have a very limited number of cameras in stock at the moment. Lots of cameras not available.

I am going to stay with Sony, but still haven't decided between the Sony a7ii or the a7Rii. Price difference is about €400. The a7iii is too expensive at the moment, even second hand ones are €200-300 more then a used a7Rii. a7ii is new €849, a7Rii is €1199 to €1299 for a used one, a7iii starts used at €1499

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I got my money back. That is the good part of the post. Now looking for a Sony a7ii with a 24 or 35 mm lens. But there is a shortage of cameras, the price difference between new and used is too little to buy used (new €849, used €699-799) so looking for a new one but the shops i trust all are out of stock and not sure when they are back in stock. Looked for a used a7rii but they are €400-500 more expensive then a new a7ii and then still need a lens. Want the 24 or 35mm lens because i am going to do a bit more landscape architecture photography during the winter months. My Laowa lens is a full frame lens so i can use that one and no need to buy a new macro lens.