Others Northern Nature: A Special Place that is Extremely Threatened Today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
A joint thread with nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo we who love the North!
Purple Saxifrage (Saxifraga oppositifolia) Baffin Island, Nunavut, Canada. Canada's Arctic Treasure
IMG0005.jpg
The Arctic (/ˈɑːrktɪk/ or /ˈɑːrtɪk/)[1][Note 1] is a polar region located at the northernmost part of Earth. The Arctic consists of the Arctic Ocean, adjacent seas, and parts of Alaska (United States), Finland, Greenland (Denmark), Iceland, Northern Canada, Norway, Russia, and Sweden. Land within the Arctic region has seasonally varying snow and ice cover, with predominantly treeless permafrost (permanently frozen underground ice) containing tundra. Arctic seas contain seasonal sea ice in many places. from Wikipedia.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
In Canada, we are blessed with Province & Territories in the Arctic...I just have to visit the Yukon to complete my list of the Northern Regions visited.
Call of the Wild: Alpha Male
Wood Bison
(Bison bison athabascae) Edzo Region, Northwest Territories, Canada. Conservation Status: vulnerable (N3N4) in Canada (NatureServe). North America's largest land mammal.
IMG_4548.jpg IMG_4570.jpg

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
The most abundant squirrel of the Boreal Forest & Canadian Shield, is the territorial American Red Squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) Prelude Lake Territorial Park, Northwest Territories, Canada. And yes they eat mushrooms up in the North.
IMG_4585_ds.jpg IMG_4589_ds.jpg
Haven't spotted the Arctic Ground Squirrel yet nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
Taken with my Pixel phone. There are great landscape pictures opportunities of the Boreal Forest and the North:
Cameron Falls, Hidden Lake Territorial Park, Northwest Territories, Canada.
IMG_20190906_160557.jpg

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
A little video taken with my Pixel phone.
Cameron River Rampart Falls, Cameron River Crossing Territorial Park, Northwest Territories, Canada.
MVIMG_20190906_143534.jpg
Didn't work...if you download you should be able to see it?

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
The most friendly feathered friend of the Boreal Forest is the Canada Jay (Perisoreus canadensis) Chan Lake Territorial Park, Northwest Territories, Canada.
DSCN2842.jpg

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
huhu, keeping going with you Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek and with Jack Jack :love: :love: :love:🤗🤗😇, lovly but need so good condition to stay with you :ROFLMAO: with yours rytm.. :D 💨💨 💨:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can you say me or it\s your\s Americans normall rytm? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Here in Finland we are used to do everythink slowly and do slowly, thinking a lot and get things a time...:D

BUT YOU both have so much of speed!! :D :D
But NEVER GIVE UP :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love::love::love:

and yeah my dear nothern friend Greg Shchepanek Greg Shchepanek , Thanks a lot for the really lovly post
and of course I need to join with!!! :love::love::love:
Finland is coming!! 🇫🇮😎:love::love:😇😇:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Greg Shchepanek