Photography not much photos shot

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I haven't done as much photography the last 3 months as i wanted to do. Reasons for this the long hot summer and this year at least here there where a lot less insects than usual.

I hope the autumn brings better photography weather and lots of mushrooms to shoot.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I haven't done as much photography the last 3 months as i wanted to do. Reasons for this the long hot summer and this year at least here there where a lot less insects than usual.

I hope the autumn brings better photography weather and lots of mushrooms to shoot.
With all your new equipment TMG1961, you must be looking forward to getting out and shooting.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
With all your new equipment TMG1961, you must be looking forward to getting out and shooting.
I am but at the moment very hard to find insects and the mushrooms are still underground.

Sadly today i had a little accident with the d7200, met someone who also has 2 mailinois (black ones) and both of them were happy to see pixie and me and one of them knocked the camera out of my hand. It landed on the lens cap first and that broke. Luckely it happened in a wooded area so the ground was soil and not stone.

the lens works fine although it seems a little decentered now, left is less sharp then right side, was not the case before.
Owner of the dogs informed insurance so have to wait what they say. I can still use the lens but it is not as good as it used to be. the camera itself doesnt seem to have any damage. All seems to be working.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Edit: The lens did not survive unharmed. i did some tests this evening, took the same photos as i took this afternoon and it shows that there is a visible difference in sharpness. Took all photos in aperture priority mode with iso100.

The d7200 itself seems ok, they are built like a tank and can take some beating. The lens itself is the Nikon AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED. Bought it second hand for 180 euro. The broken lenscap is just a few euro if bought on amazon.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Edit: The lens did not survive unharmed. i did some tests this evening, took the same photos as i took this afternoon and it shows that there is a visible difference in sharpness. Took all photos in aperture priority mode with iso100.

The d7200 itself seems ok, they are built like a tank and can take some beating. The lens itself is the Nikon AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED. Bought it second hand for 180 euro. The broken lenscap is just a few euro if bought on amazon.
Damn thats unfortunate, I hope the dog owners insurance pays up for you.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I hope so too. was lucky that it was the D7200 and not the Sony A7rii that fell. i will do some more tests today to see if what i found yesterday was correct.

I called my own insurance because the other insurance said i should claim it with mine and that they would only pay if mine would not cover the costs. He immediately said that this was not covered by my insurance. Did send photo of the lens cap and photo of the bill of the lens to the owner of the dog and he said he will forward all to his insurance. So now the waiting game starts.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I hope so too. was lucky that it was the D7200 and not the Sony A7rii that fell. i will do some more tests today to see if what i found yesterday was correct.

I called my own insurance because the other insurance said i should claim it with mine and that they would only pay if mine would not cover the costs. He immediately said that this was not covered by my insurance. Did send photo of the lens cap and photo of the bill of the lens to the owner of the dog and he said he will forward all to his insurance. So now the waiting game starts.
Best of luck..Hope it doesn't take too long

scmkr

3 1 2
May 5, 2022
Yeah the weather this year was weird. Now I feel like the season is already winding down and its sad