Now all of a sudden my cpu is not supported for windows 11

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Architect79

Jul 19, 2021
you can bypass that compatibility check by downloading an ISO file and performing a clean install. To upgrade a system that is running Windows 10 but doesn't meet the hardware requirements, a Microsoft support document specifies the following registry key modification you must make first:
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup
Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 1

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
you can bypass that compatibility check by downloading an ISO file and performing a clean install. To upgrade a system that is running Windows 10 but doesn't meet the hardware requirements, a Microsoft support document specifies the following registry key modification you must make first:
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup
Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 1

Thanks, but i have decided to just keep running windows 10. It runs fine with the ram upgraded to 16GB.

Architect79

Jul 19, 2021
Today i decided to completely reinstall windows on my laptop. It was running windows 11, but on my usb drive i had the installation files for windows 10. Installing it was not a problem. But then i decided to check for the upgrade to windows 11. Now comes the funny part. Before i did reinstall windows the laptop was running windows 11 just fine. Now it says it can not run windows 11 because the processor (intel i3) is not supported.
I think your i3 cpu should be minimum 8th generation