Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro

Ideal
Macro
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Very good quality ! Focus super fast, very silent. 2 things can hurt : It's on plastic so lighter (better for me) but people prefere metal ^^ And the rinf of manual focus does not have stop but i use only auto focus so it's good for me ^^

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Very good quality ! Focus super fast, very silent. 2 things can hurt : It's on plastic so lighter (better for me) but people prefere metal ^^ And the rinf of manual focus does not have stop but i use only auto focus so it's good for me ^^

Sounds very reliable lens , can’t wait to see images made by this lens ;)

Reactions: Greg

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
before buy something, i spend many time on the web, searching informations, tests, videos, commentarys, and when i was looking for informations about that lens, I saw only good things, I saw Pros photographer saying it's one of the best macro lens on micro 4/3. SO i bought it :p Now i have to find time to go outside for shooting ^^

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
before buy something, i spend many time on the web, searching informations, tests, videos, commentarys, and when i was looking for informations about that lens, I saw only good things, I saw Pros photographer saying it's one of the best macro lens on micro 4/3. SO i bought it :p Now i have to find time to go outside for shooting ^^

I do the same thing, before purchasing something, it’s good to find out more information about product or item, unless is really cheap :)

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Jack Jack FYI, about your question if the lens is 1:1, as far as I know it's actually effectively 2:1. The physical projection on the sensor at closest focus is 1:1, but because the MFT has a crop factor of x2 compared to 35mm FF, the resulting digital image is an equivalent of a 2:1 FF macro lens.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Jack Jack FYI, about your question if the lens is 1:1, as far as I know it's actually effectively 2:1. The physical projection on the sensor at closest focus is 1:1, but because the MFT has a crop factor of x2 compared to 35mm FF, the resulting digital image is an equivalent of a 2:1 FF macro lens.

So you saying that on a crop camera there will be bigger magnification ?

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Jack Jack jup. That's the standard. Generally the focal length for all 4/3 and Mft cameras is x2. APS is different because there are different sensor sizes.

That's because the manufacturers specify the physical focal lengths and other parameters like aperture. Due due the half size sensor everything is effectively x2.