Your opinion? Orange and Yellow

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
ISO 400
90MM
f/8.0
1/400

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Very good! Love the colours and beautiful light, cool angle and composition too. Focus point in the centre - very good. There is one thing that I think is detracting from the shot, and that is the stick intersecting close to the center of the flower and top left of the frame. The full flower on the right intersect the main subject too but its not crossing near the center of the main subject and we can see the full flower in bokeh, to me its adding to the shot where as the stick i mentioned is doing the opposite.

I actually got this rule from portrait photography which I hardly do 😂 and that is - avoid having anything intersect with the subject, this includes horizon lines, branches, etc. When shooting a single isolated subject I do follow this rule when i can, in a larger scene where you are showing a group of flowers it doesnt matter of course, as there are going to be more things all over the place and a bit more chaotic. I did this quickly in photoshop to give you an idea of what it would look like, hope you dont mind..
for macro forum.jpg
Let me know what you think. Its a minor thing but has an impact on the final composition.
Good progress with your shooting, this photo is quite good but remember to check your background and isolate your subject when you need to. Good job, keep them going 👍

Reactions: Lazarito305

Lazarito305

Feb 8, 2022
Very good! Love the colours and beautiful light, cool angle and composition too. Focus point in the centre - very good. There is one thing that I think is detracting from the shot, and that is the stick intersecting close to the center of the flower and top left of the frame. The full flower on the right intersect the main subject too but its not crossing near the center of the main subject and we can see the full flower in bokeh, to me its adding to the shot where as the stick i mentioned is doing the opposite.

I actually got this rule from portrait photography which I hardly do 😂 and that is - avoid having anything intersect with the subject, this includes horizon lines, branches, etc. When shooting a single isolated subject I do follow this rule when i can, in a larger scene where you are showing a group of flowers it doesnt matter of course, as there are going to be more things all over the place and a bit more chaotic. I did this quickly in photoshop to give you an idea of what it would look like, hope you dont mind..
View attachment 21364
Let me know what you think. Its a minor thing but has an impact on the final composition.
Good progress with your shooting, this photo is quite good but remember to check your background and isolate your subject when you need to. Good job, keep them going 👍
Thank you for that!

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter

Lazarito305

Feb 8, 2022

View attachment 21364
I was purposely doing the other on the right. I thought the effect was cool. I really didnt notice the stick on the left, until i got home. I had my toddler with me. LOL. My 2 year old was throwing a fit so I took a quick shot, but the image looks so much better without the stick. I also took another shot. Ill post it here so you guys can see it. Let me know what you think. Now that I see the image this one has the stick as well.

Attachments

• Orange Yellow forum 2.jpg
    Orange Yellow forum 2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I was purposely doing the other on the right. I thought the effect was cool. I really didnt notice the stick on the left, until i got home. I had my toddler with me. LOL. My 2 year old was throwing a fit so I took a quick shot, but the image looks so much better without the stick. I also took another shot. Ill post it here so you guys can see it. Let me know what you think. Now that I see the image this one has the stick as well.
Nice touch to include that flower on the right, works well. Sometimes we take the shot we can get , nothing wrong with that, practicing and persevering are the most important things to do. You will develop your eye to see these things yourself the more you take pictures and I bet you will notice it the next time now that you know what to look for 😁. The second shot is great, the stick doesnt matter with this angle as you have busier bokeh in the background and its very nice, nothing wrong with it, beautiful colours and light, good focus.

Reactions: Lazarito305

JMarc

Supporter
Supporter
Mar 9, 2022
Nice light and focus, but I think the blurry parts in the background are not necessary...