Your opinion? Oriental Garden Lizard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
I caught this guy in my garden this afternoon, whilst wandering around.
The Oriental Garden Lizard can grow as long as 37cm including the tail, which unlike other lizards, they cannot shed in times of danger. During the breeding season, the male's head and shoulders turn bright orange to crimson and his throat black. Both males and females have a crest from the head to nearly the tail, hence their other common name, the Crested Tree Lizard. Like chameleons, these lizards can also move each of their eyes in different directions.

Canon R5, EF 70-200 f/2.8, IS II +2x converter III
f/5.6, 1/1250, ISO 2000

Changeable Lizard_001_2048 long edge_2048x1365_H_50.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Very nicely done Andy Smith Andy Smith šŸ˜€,

The lizard contrasts well with the green foliage. Sharp eyes and a very neat pose. Good bokeh and the image looks clean considering the ISO, great job on this one šŸ‘

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Very nicely done Andy Smith Andy Smith šŸ˜€,

The lizard contrasts well with the green foliage. Sharp eyes and a very neat pose. Good bokeh and the image looks clean considering the ISO, great job on this one šŸ‘
Thanks Chavezshutter, the R5 eye focus makes it a dream for shots like this, and I ran the image through ON1 NoNoise to compensate for the high ISO used. Using 400mm also meant that I didn't have to get too close and spook the lizard, and it gave me decent bokeh.

• Italian Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter